• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Guess the City 50

donk

Cyburbian
based on the clue about oil executives how about

Anaco OR
Barquisimeto OR
Caracas OR
Ciudad Bolivar OR
Ciudad Guayana OR
Ciudad Ojeda OR
Los Teques OR
Macuto OR
Maracaibo OR
Maracay OR
Mérida OR
Puerto Cabello OR
Puerto la Cruz OR
San Fernando de Apure OR
Santa Elena de Uairén OR
Valencia

venezuela

The Irish One

I'm working on a prize package for the winner. it can be goody goody or sinful, or a little of each.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I thought I saw a capital "M" for a city name in the billboard on the picture that has a building that looks just like this in Medellin, Colombia.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I still think one of your photos is from Medellin though... but I'm just being poopy. ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
This picture... *I think* is not from Cali.

attachment.php

But like I said... I'm just being poopy. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
So is that electronic mural-type artwork also from Cali?

BTW... using the word Cali over and over has caused LL Cool J's song to get stuck in my head all day. Brutal!

The Irish One

u bet it is from Cali, Colombia and it's a community Christmas decoration. How unfortunate for you to have that song in your head, I've got some serious ritmos de la salsa in my hips.

a chiva for you

nerudite

Cyburbian
Those photos are beautiful... maybe someday if Colombia is a little safer I'll be able to go visit for myself. South America, although intriguing, is a little far down on my travel list these days.

nerudite

Cyburbian
"Traditionally" the winner of the last game becomes the creator of the next... However, I don't have any ideas right now and I'll be in and out of meetings for most of the day tomorrow, so I won't have much time to assemble anything.

Anyone up for doing #37??? If not, I'll get to it on Friday.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I think if the last winner didn't jump up and do the next one, then it's a free for all. Usually the same players get burnt out and then it falls by the wayside until some fresh blood comes in and revives the fun... There are no "rules"... just things that we have done in the past to keep the threads going. So don't worry about appearing to do something wrong... because there is no "wrong" really.

If anything, thanks for the initiative of doing one on your own! :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Coulda' posted this ...

cokespoon.jpg

(Dan rus away fast!)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Yeah... that would have been the most direct clue. But I think Irish was having fun playing with us.

The Irish One

hey I'm glad there are no rules since I'm planning my next city!

yeah that cocaine pic would have basically given the answer, I don't know about you, but I equate two cities with cocaine- medellin (Pablo Escobar) and Cali (Cartel).

Dan runs away [from the computer] fast [to his local blow distributor, right? That stuff looks NASTAY!!]

Looking forward to the sunrise?