• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Guess the City 57

JNL

Cyburbian
Well I haven't been to Canberra or Perth, but it's not either of them

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
JNL said:
Just in case anyone wanted to learn some NZ geography:
What's Australia doing south of South America? New Zealand ... it's, like, twice the size of all the other continents combined!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'm disappointed that you don't have better names than "North Island" and "South Island." Please tell me those are not the official names.

JNL

Cyburbian
Dan said:

What's Australia doing south of South America? New Zealand ... it's, like, twice the size of all the other continents combined!
In a surprise bid for world domination, New Zealand scientists have discovered a way to rapidly increase the size of our land mass - soon everyone will have heard of NEW ZEALAND!!! You will never make a sheep joke again!

Nah seriously, it is a wee bit distorted, you start with the small circle in the middle, which is then enlarged in the big circle, with another small circle to show New Zealand, then a big fat version of New Zealand - hey I didn't create the map!

JNL

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I'm disappointed that you don't have better names than "North Island" and "South Island." Please tell me those are not the official names.
'fraid so. Blame the British colonists. We make up for it though with interesting Maori town names like Ngunguru, Paekakariki, Whangaimoana, Eketahuna, Kaiteriteri etc

Cardinal

Cyburbian
JNL said:

In a surprise bid for world domination, New Zealand scientists have discovered a way to rapidly increase the size of our land mass
I get unsolicited e-mails about similar products designed to enlarge "land masses."

donk

Cyburbian
The street map gave it away. i just typed in the street names into google and the city of dunedin's home page came up. The section reference was about how the octagon does not work well and they were seeking citizen input.