• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 62

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
I see a flag in the second image - looks like France. But that could be wrong - this could be an outdoor market area that has an international theme.

Hot or cold: Are we in France?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I sense Russia... I could be wrong, but it could be St. Petersburg.
Doesn't look like France....
It could be an international fair, since i can see some arabic writings in the second picture....

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
But the flag has the white stripe in the middle. Doesn't the Russian Federation flag have the white stripe on one of the edges?

France:

Russian Federation:

And the flag in the posted image:

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Oh well you must be right then.. I forgot that little detail....
Then what city could it be?
Nice? Marsellie? PARIS? (not likely.. it'd be TOO obvious) St Etienne? Ok.. I forgot this isn't the lottery :p

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Although the flag is free- er, french, the architecture does not look like any part of france I know. Southern climes are out because of the heavy coats. I would think the UK, Ireland, or one of the former colonies.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
The images are linked from archiseek.com and I looked at the site earlier. They have a section on France and about a half-dozen links to French cities, including Paris. I took a quick peek, but didn't have the patience to look through them all. Perhaps there are some clues there.

nahh i'm just devious... we had a travelling french market over from Normandy for a week... absolutely fabulous....