• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 69: Ghost Town Edition 3

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Ok, this one was settled in the 1820's and by the 1850's had about 120 families. It became part of a national park in the 1940's. It has about 2 million visitors a year.

Well, I am trying to attach photos but don't see them in the post preview. There will either be no photos, or multiples of the same ones! I can't do a link because I can't find one that doesn't have the town name!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
OK no photos. I keep clicking on the file in the browse area but nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Oh oh oh! I think I've been there... is that Cades Cove in Great Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park? I went to something that looked just like that when I was 16. My aunt lives in Franklin, NC in the Smokies :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Oh oh oh! I think I've been there... is that Cades Cove in Great Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park? I went to something that looked just like that when I was 16. My aunt lives in Franklin, NC in the Smokies :)
I think she's right. I was there in the 80's. Two for Nerudite!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
You're correct! Great guess!

BKM

Cyburbian
Cades Cove

Before moving to California, I lived in Knoxville, TN.

Curse that Mountain Time Zone, Nerudite!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Actually I answered that one last night. It had nothing to do with getting to work early... it's all about being a cyburbia geek and posting from my house in the evenings.

It's scary that I can recognize ghost towns better than skylines. Eek!