• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 75

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
bestnightmare said:
longshot, but Ghent, Belgium?

howbout another picture

You are at least in the right part of the world!!

Well, I have been trying to post another picture, but I've been having problems meeting the new size limits. I can get photos down below 50 mb, but can't figure out how to reduce the pixel size... <sigh>

masafer

Cyburbian
Whoops. Just a lurker trying to pad his post count... yeah... that's it... no technical incompitance here...

donk

Cyburbian
Since you said that Ghent was in the right area how about

Anvers/Antwerp?

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
We have a winner!!!

Tranplanner got it. Phew. I was running out of pictures to post!

Hmm, maybe I should have found some scenes from "Trainspotting"... (or was that Edinburgh?)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Re: We have a winner!!!

Mud Princess said:
Tranplanner got it. Phew. I was running out of pictures to post!

Hmm, maybe I should have found some scenes from "Trainspotting"... (or was that Edinburgh?)

I can't believe I didn't recognize Glasgow. I only got it from the last photo - the crystal palace is awesome, especially inside.

I will be in Glasgow one week from today!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I can't believe I didn't recognize Glasgow. I only got it from the last photo - the crystal palace is awesome, especially inside.

I will be in Glasgow one week from today!
I am so envious. I was there four years ago, and have wanted to return to Scotland ever since. Have a fantastic time.

The closest I'm going to get this year is Nova Scotia!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Mud Princess said:
I am so envious. I was there four years ago, and have wanted to return to Scotland ever since. Have a fantastic time.
I think my liver will be the only part of me not enjoying the trip!

donk

Cyburbian
Is that one photo (2nd one I think) of Macintosh's design school?

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I believe so. (It's #3.) The 2nd photo is of Glasgow Cathedral, a truly incredible structure.

Actually, the cathedral is right near the oldest building in Glasgow that I think dates back to the 1200s or 1300s. And here in the U.S., we think a building from the 18th or 19th centuries is old!