• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 78

bestnightmare

Cyburbian
enid, oklahoma?

the flat terrain, grid layout, and blue building easily narrow down the choices, although there are probably 100 small middle-american cities that look very similar (minus the blue building, of course)

DMRyan

A logical guess bestnightmare, but I didn't just fall from the turnup truck recently, it happened several months ago after a bad night at a dive bar.
Guess the cities with the name of the place in the url would be too easy. I'm striving to challenge you all.

You are right though, this is a very non-descrept skyline to match that non-descrept terrain. Some of the nicest people I've met were from this place.

bestnightmare

Cyburbian
are you accusing me of anything less than a furious city photo database search? my job might be sooo boring that i poured over all the photos of smallish cities from ia, il, in, tx, ok, ks, ne, nd, sd.

but i didn't. you're right, i cheated like crazy. there's no way i woulda picked that out otherwise unless i'd actually been there. and i don't doubt that enid-ians are a friendly bunch.

DMRyan

I should've eluded to it better in my other post, but this isn't Enid, Oklahoma.

At least I got you to admit that you cheated. ;)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Lemme' try another such place ... Wichita Falls, Texas?