• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 80

nerudite

Cyburbian
It appears to be a unviversity in a mid-sized city. Somewhere flat... like Texas. Anyone know their universities?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Looks like a tornado coming in....somewhere in the Mid West.

bestnightmare

Cyburbian
let's see - the city's probably medium sized - big enough to have a few high rises.

the university buildings are throwing me off because of the spanish tile, in combination with the flat terrain.

how about albuquerque...?

jsoto3

hints:

atleast two significant musical talents are from this city, one dead, the other taking some heat right now. many other musical talents from nearby rural towns, mostly dead now. fortunately, no tornado that day, but this city has been struck by a tornado.

jsoto3

BINGO!!

good job Biscuit!

I am finally graduating with a Masters of Architecture from the university shown, Texas Tech University, and finally get to leave this dust bowl that is Lubbock. seeking employment . . . . any offers? : )

I suppose that was a bit too simple, or too good of a clue.

dead, Buddy Holly
taking heat, Natalie Manes (Dixie Chicks)

from surrounding area, Roy Orbison, and some other country people whose names I do not remember.

(I don't like country music, but it is interesting that so much musical talent is born of the South Plains)

biscuit

Cyburbian
(in my worst west Texas accent)
YeeeeeeDoggies!!! I done went and got it right!

I was trying to think of mid-sized western plains cities with large universities and knew off hand it wasn't Austin. It was your music clue that tipped me off. Give me a little bit and I'll try to find something challenging for #62. Someone got my last one in one guess.

Congrats on graduation.