• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 95

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Is this a real photo? It looks like a diorama of a future world populated by skyscrapers and Best Westerns...

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
Is this a real photo? It looks like a diorama of a future world populated by skyscrapers and Best Westerns...
No, it's real. I've been there myself. In high school, we used to stop to eat at the Shakey's there on the way to our annual theater trip.

Here's a sky shot:

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Hint, hint...

This city is much smaller than Denver or St. Louis. Kind of like Midland, TX in that the scale of downtown is much larger than you would normally find in a city this size.

Another hint...it has been listed before as "Most Livable" in one of the myriad outfits that make up those kind of rankings (I won't say which, because a simple Internet search would probably give it away).

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Hint, hint...

Well, since no one has guessed lately, I'll have to let out another hint. I can't think of one that is in any way inscrutable, so, I'll have to practically give it away with this hint.This city is in the Midwest and is famous because people all over the country come here to take advantage of a very famous clinic. If that doesn't give it away, I don't know what will.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Donk is the winner!

Michael Stumpf wrote:
Marshfield, WI? (Yeah, probably Rochester, but just in case...)
Good guess, the Marshfield Clinic is pretty famous, but not as famous as the Mayo (applied for a CD Director job in Marshfield once. Didn't get it).

Donk is the winner. I knew that the clinic reference was a dead giveaway. The clinic owns most of the tall buildings downtown, making downtown Rochester, a city of about 85,000, look like a much larger city.

Here is your prize: some meds of your choice from the Mayo Clinic.