• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 99

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
mid west some where? i see some of the cars have front tags and some dont making me think its reasonably close to the south or some state line where they dont require the car to have 2 tags. yet there are a good number of "chicago windows"

hummm

BKM

Cyburbian
Planner Girl's right. Its Chicago. Looks like the near north side (River North) or someplace like that on the north end of the City.

el Guapo

Capitalist
St. Louis or KC? Those look like Missouri tags

Somewhere that guys plow snow with Chevys

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Not Chicago.
Right. The building with the curved glass is not anything I have seen in Chicago, especially around River North. There also few one-way streets in Chicago. I see the truck is set up for a plow, though, which would suggest a northern climate.

Wild guess: Toledo

Otis

Cyburbian
Boston? Streets don't line up (aren't straight), which is pretty common in Boston, not so common in the midwest, I think.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I was going to say CT earlier, but thought the Chicago guesses might be right. Looks like blue CT plates in the photo. How about New Haven?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Greenescapist said:
I was going to say CT earlier, but thought the Chicago guesses might be right. Looks like blue CT plates in the photo. How about New Haven?
YES! YOU'RE TODAY'S BIG WINNER!

You win an autographed picture of Yale grad GW. (You'll have to get the autograph yourself.)

You gotta give New Haven (pop 125,000) credit for being mistaken for much bigger cities.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Can the Pirelli Building off I-95 in New Haven be the ugliest privately owned office building in New England?

1132mystery7-med.jpg

Image link fixed (NHPlanner)