• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the Place

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Have we done this before? This broadens the spectrum, of the game, to include non populated areas or natural landmarks, not just cities and towns...:)

Guess this place:

Clue #1: It's in Chile
Clue #2: Look at the pics ;)

1192somewhere_2.jpg

1192somewhere.jpg

This shouldn't be THAT hard....

BKM

Cyburbian
I don't know how specific you want it, but I would guess the Atacama (sp?) desert).

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Well.. It is the Atacama Desert, but I was looking for something a bit more specific, because that area recieves a certain name, along with many other places within the Atacama Desert (which is quite big..)

Bangorian

huh?

Patagonia?

Is Patagonia a larger area than the Atacama?

I am so ignorant when it comes to Chile, I am ashamed to admit it!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Hmmm... Is it called the valley of the moon? Or something like that...

Ding ding
We have a winner :) It is the Valley of the Moon

PS: MaineMan, the Chilean Patagonia is way more greener, and the Argentinean Patagonia is semi-desertic, but still has at least some little plants...

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
There is ann aricle in the most recent Nat's Geographic mag on the Atacama. Very interesting. Some places there have never received any measurable rain and no life exists.