• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess Where The Road Is #2

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Here's another one for practice. Let's see how you do this time ... WITHOUT GOOGLE!

Think ... what cities have cardinal street numbers that go so high? Look at the landscape.

Attachments

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
JNA said:
California or Arizona ?
One location per guess. Otherwise, someone could post "Alabama, or Arizona, or Alaska, or Arkansas, or ....."

gct13

Cyburbian
I cheated and used Google, because I was curious where you would find a 339th Ave. Interesting.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
This is strictly a guess -- no googling.

Phoenix Arizona.

ludes98

Cyburbian
It is Interstate 10 west of Phoenix. Can't tell if it is east or westbound though.

passdoubt

Cyburbian
It's gotta be somewhere in the desolate sprawly West to be surrounded by nothingness at 339th Ave... I'll guess Phoenix as well.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Gedunker has it, and ludes98 has it pinned down. Better than I thought, actually.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Gedunker has it, and ludes98 has it pinned down. Better than I thought, actually.
There are also exits for 355th Ave and 411th Ave. No idea why they continue the grid out that far, but I am sure we will sprawl out that far and then it will all make sense. I have driven that stretch many times. I littered that highway with the 250' lattice cell towers you see on the drive. My contribution to your cell phone service.