• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guys, are you "metrosexual"?

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
I only got 3 out of 12, but I think this score is a bit low for my "metro" qualities in general. Ask nerudite, she would tell you I'm more than 1/4 metrosexual.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
1...bleh.. reading is good fer yer edjukashin.. :p

Is it just me or this is another BTDT thread?

BKM

Cyburbian
3, which is higher than I expected. Pretty "sloppy" here. Banana Republic is about as "fashionable" as I will get, and my shoes would never be seen on the feet of a true Metrosexual.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
answered only 1 question correctly -
that has to be a high score for a midwesterner.

nerudite

Cyburbian
BiteMeElmo said:
I only got 3 out of 12, but I think this score is a bit low for my "metro" qualities in general. Ask nerudite, she would tell you I'm more than 1/4 metrosexual.
I did the test for you too... you got 4/12. So at least you aren't that far off ;)

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
I got 3. Though I used to shave my ankles all the time in order to get them taped for soccer.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Um, two, the eyebrow thing (I've been known to shave that divider between them) and the book thing, but the book thing was a compromise on my part. Since when has a unibrow been manly anyway? The majority of these questions seem to center around obsessing about your appearence, which is pretty feminine imho (sorry females), except for the eyebrow thing, of course.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Two. Woohoo!

Hey, c'mon, given the official planner uniform, how can you really expect any of us to score high on this test. Oh, that does not include anyone (Prudence) who wears lavender-colored shirts.

H

Cyburbian
I couldn’t answer most questions because I rarely fit into one of the multiple choice answer categories. :-S

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
on the shoe ?
does having RUGGED boots count -
I have Sorels and Hiking boots.

Rem

Cyburbian
1 (the book question - Cyburbia has inspired me to re-read Cities in History).

donk

Cyburbian
Scored a 2 - books and shoes.

I don't think you could spend $40 on a man's haircut in my City.

On the eyebrow question, no need to pluck, mine are naturally separate.

Used to shave my legs for cycling, don't now because it is a pain to do and I don't get free massages anymore.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Another 4 here.
Outside of maybe NYC or LA where can a guy spend more than $40 on a haircut? Does it cost that much to get a mullet perm these days? :)

...and I'm blonde, so no plucking required.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
1 for me. I am a "lost cause". Yeah!

And c'mon, that frosted tip, spikey harido thing is real lame, I mean really, you gotta agree with me on this.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
off-topic question

So, would a "metrosexual" be the same thing as "the creative class" or are they just hopelessly fashionable and trendy. That can get really expensive over time.

Last edited:

martini

Cyburbian
1/12

The shoes did me in. I have a serious shoe fetish. The more the better. And I really don't mind shopping, but that optoin wasn't there.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I scored a 1, I always put something in my hair. I have a collick that needs to be matted down with gel.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
I scored a 1, I always put something in my hair. I have a collick that needs to be matted down with gel.
Same score, same reason - except with me its fuzzyness

simulcra

I scored a 6, but I truly believe I'm more metrosexual than that.

I've just never seen a definition of a metrosexual as a guy who waxes his legs and the like. (For the record, I have no hair on my legs, back, and chest, so there would be no point.)

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I was 3, but I had to compromise on some of my answers. I'm embarrassed to admit, that I think I could be higher. I've got the moisturizer, pomade and eyebrow thing going on. Martinis are good, too.

biscuit

Cyburbian
According to ESPN a Metrosexual is...
The latest buzzword defines an emerging breed of modern, straight, stylish, sensitive, well-groomed guys.
So applying that definition to the world of the Smurfs, is it possible that Vanity Smurf is not what you'd call smurfy in the loafers, but actually a metrosmurfual.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
That's the smurfiest lie I have ever heard! :p
Vanity smurf beats the AGD in their smurf in the gay factor!

Budgie

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Me too - I thought the segway thing would make you an automatic 8+ ;)
I doubt there's a "metrosexual" alive who's needed stiches after attending a Nuclear Assault concert. Tell that to the policeman in Boston, New York, Seattle, Chicago and the other numerous metropolitan areas where peace officers are gliding.