• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guys: What is the most idiotic, embarrasing thing you have ever done b/c of a woman

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Selective memory...deleting all memories of stupid things you've ever done....COMPLETE! :)

Sh*t happens.. just let it go... I simply don't remember, or at least won't share any of my stupid moments...it's up to you if you do so.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Not embarrassing, but pretty dumb. My second year of college I ended up dating a woman for all the right reasons -- she put out. Anyway, one weekend her brother got drunk and broke his leg. He also lost his keys. She talked me into helping her look for them. Did I mention that he lost the keys on the roof of a three-story building on campus? Did I mention that the building was directly across an alley from the police station?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
thinking of the movie "Ground Hog Day"
always repeting until .....

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I've never done anything idiotic or embarrassing because of a womyn...unless getting married counts.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
O.K., I'll Fess Up

- I attended a mind-numbing 3 day-session in "self improvment" called the "Landmark Forum" (which turned out to be an exercise "mental masturbation") on the recommendation of my "X." Of course, we should always learn something from our experiences so I can say it provided me with a clear depiction on why she's my "X."

However, I still think I was a stupid f-xxx for not going hiking, staying home and drinking beer...or anything... instead.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'm still waiting for Super Amputee Cat to fess up first. Lemme guess - you actually set foot in a Starbucks for a member of the opposite sex? ;)

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I'm still waiting for Super Amputee Cat to fess up first. Lemme guess - you actually set foot in a Starbucks for a member of the opposite sex? ;)
Yeah I know. I lit this candle.

I will try and post something tonight. I would have a hard time justifying posting on this site at work if I posted something now.

Actually, it's going to take more than a day to post all my colossal blunders. I may have to narrow it down to one or two.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: O.K., I'll Fess Up

Miles Ignatius said:
- I attended a mind-numbing 3 day-session in "self improvment" called the "Landmark Forum" (which turned out to be an exercise "mental masturbation") on the recommendation of my "X." Of course, we should always learn something from our experiences so I can say it provided me with a clear depiction on why she's my "X."

However, I still think I was a stupid f-xxx for not going hiking, staying home and drinking beer...or anything... instead.
LOL - One of my X's got me to attend an information session about Landmark soon after we started going out. They kept on trying to sell it by saying things like "It will teach you how to learn the things you don't know that you don't know." Well, how do they know that I don't already know the things that they don't know I know? I wanted to know what they know that I don't know, so I asked them to give me an example of something that I don't know that I don't know. I don't know why they didn't do it, you know? I wonder if they didn't know that they didn't know what I don't know that I don't know.

Anyway, I did a little sleuthing and found that Landmarks has had run-ins with state and federal agencies, and has been accused by some of cult-like practices. I didn't go, but still ended up dating this woman for over a year. So I suppose on more stupid thing I did was to spend an evening listening to them try to talk me into wasting my time and money on their program.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Guys: What is the most idiotic, embarrasing thing you have ever done b/c of a woman

My most idiotic thing I've ever done because of a woman? I stayed in a relationship with a woman I really loved but shouldn't have. What I did not know was she was also carrying on a relationship with her ex-husband. Last time I saw her she had two black eyes courtesy of her ex. She was on her way back to him after burying her father. Can you imagine how her dying father must felt lying on his deathbed and there was his little girl with two shiners? At that point I realized I was way too good for her. She and her ex have long since remarried. Good riddance.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Re: Re: O.K., I'll Fess Up

Cardinal said:
LOL

Anyway, I did a little sleuthing and found that Landmarks has had run-ins with state and federal agencies, and has been accused by some of cult-like practices. I didn't go, but still ended up dating this woman for over a year. So I suppose on more stupid thing I did was to spend an evening listening to them try to talk me into wasting my time and money on their program.
Yep - I'd heard the "cult" stories too, but blinded by love and being a dumb shit, I went anyway.

What I saw there reminded me of what the author and philospher Eric Hoffer referred to as the "True Believers" - people who invent their own reality and language and then surround themselves with fellow zealots to reinforce the "let's belabor the obvious" pop-psychology swill they've been fed. I think they're preying on the gaps left behind the breakdown of in the family unit and the "dumbing down" witnessed in our in society.

We can be glad to look at this and say we're whole without getting sucked in to this drivel....

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
As the starter of this thread, I know I still owe the forum some tales screw-ups on my person concerning the opposite sex. The only problem is, there are so many of them I don't know where to begin.

How about this for starters: I didn't ask to see a driver's licence.

Without going into details, lets just say some women (or girls) look a lot older than they actually are. They know this and lie through their teeth. When the fallout took place, her dad was one the other end of the phone yelling "You better hope the cops find you first, buddy!"

For months afterward, I always had to worry about some psycho-daddy's shotgun blast in my back. Someday I'll tell you what happened when I had to deliver a pizza to their house!

But I see myself as the victim in this entire affair, so any stupidity on my person is limited to my extreme niavity at the time concerning women. But believe me, I would stumble many more times.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
can us girls tell our horror stories of dumb men?

Mike D, I shared a fatty thought of you this weekend. hahahaahah

donk

Cyburbian
Jessie-J teased
Ahh the talk of lesbians, and first thing on a monday.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
donk said:
Jessie-J teased

Ahh the talk of lesbians, and first thing on a monday.
lesbians???? where?

I was on this date and the guy borrowed his dad's suv. we were going to a music store, but to park we drove through a back alley behind other retail stores. there was a huge drop in street level (not intended to be driven over) and he bottomed out his dad's suv, HARD. guess that's what he gets for showing off.

stupidest thing I've done? moved to St. Louis for a guy (sort of)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jessie-J said:
lesbians???? where?
LOL I went drinkin with 2 lesbos on Friday night after bowling. Never drink with lesbians. Never.

donk

Cyburbian
Jessie-J queried lesbians???? where?
You meant the other type of fatty. ;)

One more reason you should look north of the border for a job.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:

....and one more chick that just can't get me out of her mind. Life is good ;)

tsc

Cyburbian
Chet said:
LOL I went drinkin with 2 lesbos on Friday night after bowling. Never drink with lesbians. Never.
drinking with bowling lesbians??? that sounds like tough drinking competition........ did they drink you under the table???

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Chet said:
LOL Never drink with lesbians. Never.
Never drink with Native American women either, that about killed me once.

Richmond Jake

Chet said:
I prefer to play horseshoes when drinking with lesbians. The shoes don't hurt has much as the bowling balls when you're struck by them.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
Never drink with Native American women either, that about killed me once.
-Never say the expression "That"s gay" around lesbians unless you know you can out run the Bull-Dyke. That almost killed me a few times. Honestly everbody is too sensitive these days.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
I prefer to play horseshoes when drinking with lesbians. The shoes don't hurt has much as the bowling balls when you're struck by them.
-Yeah and try to stay away from baseball. The best bet is to play badmitten (spelling bad) with them so you can at least hit them with the shuttlecock!!!!!!!

tsc

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
-Never say the expression "That"s gay" around lesbians unless you know you can out run the Bull-Dyke. That almost killed me a few times. Honestly everbody is too sensitive these days.
true...people are too sensitive. .... beware of the lipstick ... she might gore your eyes out with her painted nails... ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rumpy Tuna said:
You're just hanging out with the wrong bull dykes. If you can't call a dyke a dyke, and a fag a fag, you're hanging out with the wrong dyke and fags. (sorry dykes and fags)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
. The best bet is to play badmitten (spelling bad) with them so you can at least hit them with the shuttlecock!!!!!!!
Now come on, do you honestly believe you could get them to play any game that involves a shuttlecock?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Chet said:
You're just hanging out with the wrong bull dykes. If you can't call a dyke a dyke, and a fag a fag, you're hanging out with the wrong dyke and fags. (sorry dykes and fags)
-Yeah I guess your right, I've been hanging with the wrong dyke'a'saurases. They were P.C. nazis.

JNL

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I went to my friends birthday drinks on Friday and ended up drinking with about 15 lesbians and 4 gay guys. After several vodkas I went home while they kept partying!

Budgie

Cyburbian
No, I believe that makes 4.

See what RichmondJake said.

I feel a drinking support group forming.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
-Hey I just put a bar in the empty front room of my apt. Support group huh? My girlfriend says I drink to much, but my other girl Vodka says I don't drink enough. She thinks I'm cheating with Whiskey ("Whisky" canada eh').

Richmond Jake

Budgie said:
No, I believe that makes 4.

See what RichmondJake said.

No thanks, I drink alone; all by myself; with nobody else.