• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Habanero... get out that checkbook!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike Modano's 1999 Stanley Cup Championship Ring is on sale at ebay. It has five days to go and is still less than $11,000. It would make a nice wedding ring. ;)

I am disappointed that Modano would sell or trade his ring for something... I mean, he's worth millions of dollars, why the hell would someone like that lose such a keepsake?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Mike D. said:
Oooooh ... I'm bidding on that!
I can understand why - as a Flyers fan that's probably as close as you'll ever get to the real thing! ;)

(Like the Leafs are any better...)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I can understand why - as a Flyers fan that's probably as close as you'll ever get to the real thing! ;)

(Like the Leafs are any better...)
Are you serious?

We've got 2 of them from 28 years ago!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yeah, James requested that. :) Now that Hatcher isn't on the team and they traded Sydor.. it's just not the same.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Stars without Hatcher... now I'm gonna cry. I don't care, I'll still wear my Hatcher jersey! Why would ANY athlete sell a championship ring?!?

Habanero

Cyburbian
Although, this is what the actual ring (from the jeweler's website)looks like and I highly doubt Modano would part with his only cup ring. I'd want to see the letter before buying-

Habanero

Cyburbian
Humph, I've done searches and it seems like the ring could be a fake. The seller won't show me the letter of authenticity and according to a few fan sites both the Stars and Modano refute the claims. Hmmmm...

biscuit

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
Humph, I've done searches and it seems like the ring could be a fake.
I'd say. It looks like something I could buy out of the boot of some guys Buick in front of the nail salon, or out of an old suitcase outside of Underground Atlanta.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Definitely looks fake to me - and if Modano is denying it's his ring...

Habanero - so, y'all gonna be cheering for the buds next year then?

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yes, for the most part. I doubt we'll even make it to a game out here (besides that the new ice won't be done unless 1/3 of the season is over- morons) it's way to far away to see the Coyotes lose. Maybe when the Stars sans Hatcher are in town. :(

donk

Cyburbian
Which on of you has been bidding this up?

It is now at 20 grand.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Another story says it was Mike's ring, but that it was illegally sold to the guy in Florida... as it was only meant to be on display. An upgraded duplicate is what Modano wears now. Poor Florida dude... I hope he gets the money back from the Texas jeweler.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yikes! I cannot believe that guy is still his business manager. DeBoulle jewelry pulled a fast one, but if they had the agreement.... oh well, the guy in FL wasn't a hockey fan anyway. Silly non-fan, but what can you do, eh?