• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Halifax

donk

Cyburbian
I just returned from a conference in halifax and have posted some images of the city. I've got more that I will post shortly.

nerudite

Cyburbian
The subject of those two buildings came up quite a bit during conversations about the waterfront. Many people thought they didn't meld well with the historic properties next door. Personally, I kind of like them (when viewed as a whole with the rest of the skyline)... I'll post some pics from my Dartmouth balcony this weekend. I like the way they carried the vertical elements of the building down into the water via the platforms (although it's not really visible in the photo you posted). I guess it's another one of those love it or hate it kind of reactions... but I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
...and if you could find an audio file to go along with the above pic, it would be me whining, "Come on, we have to get to the scenic views..."