• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Halloween plans?

H

Cyburbian
I am debating between going to a party or staying home and getting a movie and a pizza. What are the good folks of Cyburbia doing tonight?

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Taking my buds trick or treating for the first time. One is a bee and the other is a cowboy. Will the raltives, neighbors, and my boss. Call it a night after that since it will probably be close to freezing and I'm sure they will not want to stay out.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Heading down to the fiancees hometown for a party at the golfclub. Then out to hit a few bars with some friends. Got my costume on and I'm ready to go!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
the boyfriend and i are getting all done up and the dead bride and groom. the yard is all done up and we will give out candy to the wee ones in the area then head to G'town to party.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
My father-in-law is coming down to help with some renovations. It's like watching Tim "the tool man" in action. I still haven't totally fixed the plumbing since his last visit. *sigh* This time he's coming down to help rebuild the stairs and railings in the front hallway. Ought to be good for a laugh or two.

We'll all go out for dinner, then hand out treats to the neighbourhood kiddies. Then maybe get down to some work.

SGB

Cyburbian
Driving to the inlaw's this afternoon so our son can go trick-or-treating w/ his Papa and Nana.

donk

Cyburbian
Handing out candy, and hoping for more northern lights.

Not sure if I am going to go out, I highly doubt it.

In my area you have to be careful about road blocks and things set on fire.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
The fiancee and I are head to San Antonio for the evening. They're doing a 90 minute walking tour of haunted sites in downtown that's supposed to be pretty cool. After that we'll probably eat somewhere downtown, maybe the riverwalk depending on the status of the bank account!

I'm hoping to see some funny little kid costumes tonight! Last year when I was volunteering with the HalloweenFest on campus there was this 18-month-old that the parents had done up like Elvis. Even though he was bald they still drew sideburns on him!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I'm going to put some hair on the cat, eat the candy for the trick or treaters, and then burn some midnight oil.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Going to the Girlfriends house to hand out candy to the poor beggers, than to a small gathering for a couple drinks.

Then back to her place but it anin't gonna be a late night as we need to get up and head off to the MSU/UofM football game at 6:00AM.

So kinda a mellow Halloween

nerudite

Cyburbian
Elmo's ex is taking the kids out tonight, so we get a night off. Unfortunately the wedding we were supposed to attend was cancelled. So now we have no plans. We are considering going to see a movie, but who knows...

donk

Cyburbian
change of plans.

Drinking, and just for rumpy and jake it will probably be alone.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
donk said:
change of plans.

Good man!!!! Perhaps some solo lacrosse, too?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Puttin' on a pair of overalls an' a flannel shirt, den sittin' out on da porch wit' a shotgun an' waitin' fer da kids to come on by. Yep, an' maybe visitin' dat Cyburbia website now'n den, aina?

Budgie

Cyburbian
Taking my kids trick-or-treating, which I've done every year of their existence, rain or not. When we're done, I'll confiscate anything with choclate and peanut butter combined. The spouse will be dressed up as a Cheetah at work (guess what she does), so I might take the kids to see her and pull her tail a little. Gonna get me a little tail.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Cardinal said:
Puttin' on a pair of overalls an' a flannel shirt, den sittin' out on da porch wit' a shotgun an' waitin' fer da kids to come on by. Yep, an' maybe visitin' dat Cyburbia website now'n den, aina?
I'm pretty sure the neighourhood kids know to stay far away from old man Cardinal's place.

Don't you live in the middle of nowhere, anyway?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
donk said:
change of plans.

I'll be drinking, with the cat at the bar as a contemplate my next move. Going play some Lacrosse as well with the sockie.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Cardinal said:
Does this outfit include a pair of comfortable shoes?? ;)

tsc

Cyburbian
just handing out treats to the kids... used to dress up and party... but not tonight. We usually rent old black and white horror films... and eat wings and beer.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Halloween plans updated:

My Deputy Director just walked by and said I can go home if I wanted. SWEEEET.
Must be because I look so good in my Indiana Jones get-up.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Avoiding the greedy little rugrats in my neighborhood by eating dinner out w/future mr. plannerbabs and parents. and coming home and cleaning up egg, no doubt.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
EG - Why LaCrosse WI? Or are you referring to LaCrosse the metaphor? ;)

Me - Like New Years, this is "amateur night". My dress up and party days are things of the past.

I do, of course, have to go to the Old Fat Straight Whit Trash Bowling League TM so a few brewskis are in order.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I do, of course, have to go to the Old Fat Straight Whit Trash Bowling League TM so a few brewskis are in order.
Bowling with the WT league on halloween, are they wearing costumes or do they not need 'em. Oh yeah, check your mail.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Nothing except maybe laundry.
that's right i am mr. exciting.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
the boyfriend and i are getting all done up and the dead bride and groom. the yard is all done up and we will give out candy to the wee ones in the area then head to G'town to party.
Please post pictures. Just of you...we don't want to see the boyfriend.;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I friggin hate halloween!!!

Plans? run away from the kids... just have to wait until like 7 pm, when my parents will come and rescue us from imported tradition jalogüin (the word I created to name it here, in spanish, it's pronunciation is quite similar)
Apparently we're safe, cause it's almost 7....

Edit: My mother's maternal instincts get boosted with jalogüin...so I'm stuck here at home hearing them brats come and ask for candy... :-@ Plus, add that the friggin kids can't just ring the bell, but also have to knock and kick the door...
Everybody say it with me: I FRIGGIN HATE KIDS! :) ahh that makes me feel better... (sorry bratty kids... but you deserve my hatred)

Last edited:

Repo Man

Cyburbian
No dressing up for me. I dressed up last year and it backfired. I got a mullett wig and a Ryan Neuman NASCAR shirt and went as a mullet-headed NASCAR fan. People at the party loved it until I ran into two guys who worked in a pit crew for a stock car racer and were dressed up in their pit crew outfits. They started asking about if I was a Ryan Neuman fan and to be honest I had no clue who Ryan Neuman was. Then they asked what I was trying to say with my costume. Quite uncomfortable. My girlfriend got a nice laugh out of it.

I am watching my parents dogs this weekend, so it will be low key...drink their beer, watch their big screen tv, eat their food. It will be like I am back in college.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
In NY....about 14 hours away from the trip to Montreal....handing out candy at my brother's house....well he is...I'm getting my cyburbia fix. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
Now I'm breaking the no drinking and posting rule. But I won't go off on everyone on how bad my day was(and it was rotten)

Finished handing out candy(well ran out of candy).

Went to the liquor store, beer and now goofing off on the internet until some friends call at 9:30 to maybe go out.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
Now I'm breaking the no drinking and posting rule. But I won't go off on everyone on how bad my day was(and it was rotten)

Finished handing out candy(well ran out of candy).

Went to the liquor store, beer and now goofing off on the internet until some friends call at 9:30 to maybe go out.
Im breaking that rule now too, but I have to be limber to bowl. :)