Happiness is a Warm Gun

El Feo

Cyburbian
A few weeks back, Dan was shopping for a nice new rifle. Maybe I missed it, Dan (if so, sorry), but how'd that work out?

Runner

Cyburbian
Hmmm, shopping for a rifle:

Depends on your flavor:
  • Remington
  • Colt or Springfield Armory
    [/list=A]

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I've still got to make the purchase. I'm leaning towards a Ruger.

I'm going through this "simplify my life" stage, and I'll soon be auctioning some surplus belongings on eBay. The proceeds will probably pay for the rifle. :)

Rem

Cyburbian
I first 'found' Cyburbia when I was looking for material on affordable housing a couple of months ago. Imagine my concern when my forum search on 'affordable' turned up the original rifle advice thread. My concern has subsided enough to now dive in.

By the way I don't know anything about guns so I apologise for breaking the OT rules already.

Rem said:
I By the way I don't know anything about guns so I apologise for breaking the OT rules already.
What rules? Are there rules?

On the gun thing, don't you want somthing with
a sniper scope? You know, just in case
you need it?

Jeff

Cyburbian
You'll never go wrong with a Remington Model 700 BDL chambered in .30-06 with a Leupold 3x9 scope.

Tom R

Cyburbian
bang

Mike D. said:
You'll never go wrong with a Remington Model 700 BDL chambered in .30-06 with a Leupold 3x9 scope.
A great deer rifle. With lighter weight bullets it can be a great varmit rifle too.

Jeff

Cyburbian
No its a great varmit gun too ... I shoot chucks with it and they just explode ... pretty cool.