• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Happy Birthday, giff57!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGB

Cyburbian
Here's wishing you at least 46 more!

Hope you have a great one!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
For your birthday I've arranged for a Wal Mart super center to come to Holstein.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Just for you Giff, I'm off to start a new thread on the evils of Walmart. Enjoy your b-day!

donk

Cyburbian
Happy birthday. And just for you, I won't mention wal~mart today either.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Thanks folks..... maybe in celebration, I'll rent an expedition, and drive to Super Wal Mart and have lunch in the imbedded Mc Donalds.

JNL

Cyburbian
Many happy returns on your birthday, giff! Hope it's been a great day :)

Rem

Cyburbian
Happy birthday giff.:b: Maybe you should consider Australia. There are no Wal marts down here.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Happy B-Day

Mooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

Road trip to Ida Grove. "It's like going into Wisconsin."

"I got my ass kick in Wisconsin once -- FORGET IT!!!!"

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Happy B-Day

Budgie said:
Mooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

Road trip to Ida Grove. "It's like going into Wisconsin."

"I got my ass kick in Wisconsin once -- FORGET IT!!!!"

I need to take some pics of Ida Grove, this industrialist built castles everywhere.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Rem said:
Happy birthday giff.:b: Maybe you should consider Australia. There are no Wal marts down here.
But are there people that bitch about the evils of WalMart?

Rem

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
But are there people that bitch about the evils of WalMart?
Most people wouldn't know they exist. The rest of us assume they are just another American discount department store chain. Except for me of course - I have been edjucamated to know they are either a benign success story of capitalism or the beginning of the end of western civilisation.

A lot of Australians who visit the US often coment on the big box shopping experience. Usually it goes along the lines of:

They have these shops plonked in the middle of nowhere that are as big as aircraft hangars. Some sell one type of thing, like joggers, others sell anything from colour TV's and engine blocks to stationery and groceries. The discussion then tends to polarize by age. Youger people say how strange it is and older people say how marvellous it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.