• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Happy Birthday Joe Iliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Happy Birthday to a fellow BSU alum! :b:

H

Cyburbian
Happy birthday, Hoosier ;)

* I have family from there, so this is a compliment, not an insult :)

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
The Geezer

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Yes, I am 30 years old. Gone are my days of being a twentysomething.

So, does any who's been through their thirties have any advice for me?

Rem

Cyburbian
Re: The Geezer

Joe Iliff said:
So, does any who's been through their thirties have any advice for me?
Happy birthday.

As the greatest physical decline in humans occurs between 30 and 40, I suggest we ponder the wisdom of that great Tasmanian Errol Flyn when asked later in life why he was broke after such an illustruous public career:

"Well I drank a lot so I guess I spent a lot of money on booze, I gambled a lot so I spent a lot of money on that and I knew a lot of women so I spent a lot of money on them and I guess I just wasted the rest."

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
happy birthday
getting through the 30's was troublesome enough thanks.

The Irish One

Bday advice from a 30 something

happy birthday and if health permits get lots of rigorous exercise in the outdoors stop watching tv and read lots of books and do plenty of crossword puzzles. Visit the public library 3 times a month. Start writing/recording a journal for the generations that will follow you. If I had a journal from anybody in my family's history I would love to read it. Have good healthy regularly scheduled sex WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE but you already know that. And food eat way more vegetables, fruits, grains way more water. Less soda, beer, hard liquor, gambling, stressing in general. Make new friends .. and so on and so forth.

Rem

Cyburbian
Re: Bday advice from a 30 something

The Irish one said:
happy birthday and if health permits get lots of rigorous exercise in the outdoors stop watching tv and read lots of books and do plenty of crossword puzzles. Visit the public library 3 times a month. Start writing/recording a journal for the generations that will follow you. If I had a journal from anybody in my family's history I would love to read it. Have good healthy regularly scheduled sex WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE but you already know that. And food eat way more vegetables, fruits, grains way more water. Less soda, beer, hard liquor, gambling, stressing in general. Make new friends .. and so on and so forth.
Joe, if you take this advice you won't have any friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.