• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Happy Canuckistanian Day

Rem

Cyburbian
Best wishes to all our lumberjacking, maple syrup guzzling, ice hockey playing, moose chasing, frozen, North American friends, eh.

This message proudly sponsored by the person in the office next to mine - whose name is Lorraine, not Chris BTW. She thinks it is really funny to say "Eh you hoser" - I don't undertsand, maybe she's insulting me. If it is funny to Canadians - have a chuckle on me.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Jour Heureux Du Canada ! Naturellement, aucun des Canadiens ne verra ceci car elles toutes ont le jour au loin.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
For REM a parody of 'The Rant' :-} :-D :

I AM AUSTRALIAN!!
G'Day Mate,
I'm not a Jackeroo or 'The Crocodile Hunter', And I don't live in a rusty old shack with a snake in the Outback...
And I only know Johnnie, Jim and Jack in their liquid form,
Although I'm certain they get me really, really pissed.

I'm an Aussie, Not a Kiwi,

And use Tomato Sauce, Not Ketchup
It's pronounced 'G'Day Mate', not 'GER DOI --- MAATE'.

I can proudly wear my country's flag as a pair of boxer shorts or a shirt,
I follow Cricket, NOT Baseball,
RUGBY, NOT Gridiron,
And the Kangaroo is a pest, NOT a pet.

An Esky is a solid plastic box to keep your beer cold, and doubles as a chair,
And I drink 'V.B' and not 'Fosters'. 'VICTORIA BITTER'!!!
Australia is the Largest Island in the World!
The First Nation to laugh at our own mistakes, and the best part of the Southern Hemisphere.

MY NAME IS _____ AND I AM AUSTRALIAN!!!!!!!!

Also You Might Be Canadian If...(long list) at http://www.indefual.net/canada/jokes/mb-cnd.html

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Q: How do you get a Canadian out of a tree?
A: Say "Please get out of the tree."

BADUM!

Q: What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?
A: A canoe will tip.

DADADUM!

Did you hear about the guy with a map of Canada tattoed on his butt? Every time he sits down, Quebec separates.

DADABUM!

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Please tip your server. Especially you Canadians.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Happy Cunukistanian day! Wait, happy Dominion Day... No, I mean Canada Day.

To celebrate lets indulge in a few Canadian delicacies.

Good fresh meat there, eh.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Happy Canada Day of Importance that I don't really relate too..

Here is a gift, eh.

PS - Dan, I'm sensing some Buffalo Pride issues,eh?

zman

Cyburbian
Happy Canada Day

To a nation that has defined my life while being bron, raised and residing in the States. Thank you for Molson, Moosehead, and Kokanee beer. Thank you for the Habs and Rush, and half of my family. Any jobs in Canada for an almost Canadian? See you in B.C. sometime soon!
Go Habs Go!
The Z Man

SGB

Cyburbian
I miss Ottawa!

I used to live only 1.5 hrs south of the capital region, and I miss it dearly. {sniff}

Happy Canada Day!

donk

Cyburbian
Thank you all for your kind wishes.

i just got home from a day in civilization. watched a bike race, tried to do some shopping. It really sucks when you have a vision of what you want and can't find it anywhere, stopped in to see some friends then drove home. If I had known the Hip were playing, I probably would have gone and called in sick tomorrow. What is more Canadian than drinking beer and seeing a Tragically Hip concert?

Hope all you 'mericans have a nice weekend. With the 4th being sunday, I take it it will be dead here on monday?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
Thank you all for your kind wishes.

i just got home from a day in civilization. watched a bike race, tried to do some shopping. It really sucks when you have a vision of what you want and can't find it anywhere, stopped in to see some friends then drove home. If I had known the Hip were playing, I probably would have gone and called in sick tomorrow. What is more Canadian than drinking beer and seeing a Tragically Hip concert?

Hope all you 'mericans have a nice weekend. With the 4th being sunday, I take it it will be dead here on monday?

You guessed it - nothing but the sound of wind whistling through the wastelands of cyberspace.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Donk: I wish I could have gone to the Hip... shame on you for not going! They played a live show last week in a tiny venue... but it was win to get in and well, I didn't. It's my most Canadian trait...my love of the Hip. :-D

pandersen

Cyburbian
A Real Canadian

nerudite said:
Donk: I wish I could have gone to the Hip... shame on you for not going! They played a live show last week in a tiny venue... but it was win to get in and well, I didn't. It's my most Canadian trait...my love of the Hip. :-D

So you say you like the Tragcally Hip, eh. Sure, I guess gives you status as a cannuck, but in my books, there can be no more truly Canadian activity than going to see Stomin' Tom Connors in concert on the 1st weekend in July:

Some of Tom's Hits
The Hockey Song (of course)
The Ketchup Song
Bud The Spud
Margo's Cargo
etc, etc.

nerudite

Cyburbian
pandersen said:
there can be no more truly Canadian activity than going to see Stomin' Tom Connors in concert on the 1st weekend in July.

I like the Hockey Song... but I don't know if I'd want to go see him in concert, especially because they cost sooooo much up here! I passed up a chance to see Matthew Good a few weeks ago because tickets were $40 a piece. Not worth it. Now the Hip... I'd see them for $40 (or more).

I'll wait for some of my great American bands to come up... I hear Cake is playing in Calgary in August. I'm there!-

pandersen

Cyburbian
What is this "Cake" You Speak Of?

I guess this is one time when it you can have your "Cake" and eat it too.

Me, I'm partial to "Squirel Nut Zippers"!

nerudite

Cyburbian
pandersen said:
I guess this is one time when it you can have your "Cake" and eat it too.

Me, I'm partial to "Squirel Nut Zippers"!

Cake is a great band... eclectic with a good horn section. Not as zany as SNZ. They are opening for David Byrne at some Calgary festival in August... I convinced a friend from Portland to come up to see me during that time so I can go to the show. Yay!