• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

happy hour

happy hour?

• yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • other, explain

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

H

Cyburbian
Damn I am ready for happy hour today.

Lets take a poll.

Who will be at happy hour today and where?

I will be at Keg South. $1.85 drafts and best wings in Miami.

biscuit

Cyburbian
You better believe I'll be at happy hour today. Today os one of our interns birthday so some of us will be down at the Roayal Oak celebrating. Any occasion is an excuse for some cold Yuengling draft around this office.

SGB

Cyburbian
Happy hour for me is the 15 minutes I typically have between when I get home from my 64 mile commute and when dinner is ready.

If I have a drink at all, it's a beer, something w/ tonic, or a dark 'n stormy. More than one, and I'm not much use the rest of the evening. Ahhhh, the joys of aging and family responsibilities......

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
You better believe I'll be at happy hour today. Today os one of our interns birthday so some of us will be down at the Roayal Oak celebrating. Any occasion is an excuse for some cold Yuengling draft around this office.
I knew you'd be there biscuit :)!

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Happy Night

Aaaahhh, 4 pints of Harp at the yuppie bar, home for a nap, and then up for another set of Wiezzens & Czechvars or six at the darkest pit I can find with some good music that scares the hell out of most people. Burritos & fries at 4:30 am! Mission successfull!

:)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
No happy hours tonight because I have to go to a friend's father's funeral.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
We had one a two weeks ago. We had a great time.. Today... going to the gym to burn off stress.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I'am with Mike D.
don't drink
that's my usual time for bike ride

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Not today....cat to the vet, then a 3 hour drive to the in-laws.

H

Cyburbian
JNA said:
I'am with Mike D.
don't drink

Funny story follows (inspired by JNA and Mike D):

I had a professor in school that had a sign over his desk that read “Never trust a man that does not drink”. I liked that sign, we all did.

Only after about a year, I figured out that HE did not drink. Go figure…..

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
You bet. Sitting on my back deck, watching the river flow by and sipping on 16 oz bottles of Bud. It's been hot up here.

donk

Cyburbian
I have no one to go out with or meet up with after work.

I've been drinking way too much lately (wedding weekend, conference week) plus I have a case of creemore that has to be drunk before it goes stale so I've been drinking 1 or 2 a night after my bike rides.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Kind of. I went out after softball last night, so I had a nice fill o' Guinness last evening. A friend scored up some free Tickets to Lollapalooza Some guy on the street basically handed him a stack of tickets...I guess it isn't selling well at all. So I will be drinking overpriced Miller products in those crappy plastic bottles that make beer taste funny and warm while watching Janes Addition, Incubus, Queens of The Stone Age, etc.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Ah, Yuengling, America's best beer that is unknown outside of Pennsylvania. I once (about 20 years ago) had a Yuengling that I bought at the State Line Liquor Store in Wisconsin, just over the state line from East Dubuque, Illinois. They sold individual cans and bottles of brands from all over the US; it's where I bought my first (and only) cans of such brews as Olde Frothingschloss, Steel City, and Yuengling. To this day, I remember Yuengling as my favorite. If only you could get it here. The State Line Liquor Store is now closed, alas.

H

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Ah, Yuengling, America's best beer that is unknown outside of Pennsylvania.
Actually, I find it at most bars in Florida that I attend. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
It's a beautiful 84°F (29°C) here today... with a nice cool breeze. I think it's time to break out the long island ice teas... and none of that mix stuff... ick. Either that, or a good Friday's mudslide blender. Yum!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
Kind of. I went out after softball last night, so I had a nice fill o' Guinness last evening. A friend scored up some free Tickets to Lollapalooza Some guy on the street basically handed him a stack of tickets...I guess it isn't selling well at all. So I will be drinking overpriced Miller products in those crappy plastic bottles that make beer taste funny and warm while watching Janes Addition, Incubus, Queens of The Stone Age, etc.
Sweeeet! I'm trying to find someone to go to Lollapalooza with me. I'm wanting to go just for the chance to see Audioslave (who are bad a$$ live) and Queens of the Stone Age (their cd hasn't left my car in six months). Your friend wouldn't happen to any free tickets for the Pittsburgh show would he?

jmf

Cyburbian
We are in the height of strawberry season here so daiquiris all around yummy!!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Sweeeet! I'm trying to find someone to go to Lollapalooza with me. I'm wanting to go just for the chance to see Audioslave (who are bad a$$ live) and Queens of the Stone Age (their cd hasn't left my car in six months). Your friend wouldn't happen to any free tickets for the Pittsburgh show would he?
I am not a huge fan of Audioslave. I like a few songs, but I am hoping they rock live. QOTSA are awesome live and are the main reason I am going. It should be interesting seeing Janes Addiction for the first time since 1990's 1st Lollapalooza tour.
I am hoping to catch at least some of Jurassic 5 too.

My friend didn't even know the guy handing out the free tickets, but he estimates that the guy had a couple hundred tickets he was handing out.

H

Cyburbian
See ya.

See you guys, I’m off to happy hour…………….

Status
Not open for further replies.