• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Happy Mothers Day

biscuit

Cyburbian
Let me be the first to wish all of you Cyburbian moms, mums, mamas and mamans a happy Mother's Day. Hopefully you all got a nice card, some flowers and perhaps breakfast in bed.

And for the rest of you...
Get off that computer and call your mother!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Thank you! I had a wonderful lunch out, and got a beautiful sterling silver ring from my son. Oh, and I took tomorrow off, and am letting the kid play hooky from school, his favorite thing.

You are sweet, Biscuit. But I knew that months ago. :)

I called my mom for the first time since January. She was much easier to talk to, now that I am not a Whack Job from medication. :-D

My kids probably don't know it's mothers day, since they don't watch TV and such, and I guess hubby isn't feeling too warm and fuzzy, what with my intentions of divorcing him. So: no card, no flowers, no chocolates, and no breakfast in bed. Besides, I was the first person awake today, what with being Clean and Sober and the government kindly threatening to throw me in jail if I don't pull jury duty tomorrow. But the cashier where I ate lunch wished me an enthusiastic "Happy Mother's Day".

Actually, being off all prescription drugs -- something even I did not expect to ever achieve and my doctors certainly would have never predicted it, they were willing to write me off as "just don't expect to EVER get well: Symptom Management is the name of the game" --er, as I was saying, being off all prescription drugs and only on OTC stuff "as needed", plus all the non-drug stuff I do, has made this a pretty awesome day for me. I got up around 7:30am. I feel like an actual human being. I feel like 3 1/2 years of medical h*ll have just suddenly and unexpectedly ended. I feel like Miracles Do Happen and so forth and so on and additional Mushy Stuff.

If "your" day was half as fantastic, then it has been pretty darn awesome. :)

Biscuit - thank you very much - we had a great mother's day. Rob's cousin was married this weekend, so the post wedding brunch was Sunday and I ate like a truck driver. We'd actually already celebrated, Rob took me to NYC last weekend to see the Lion King on Broadway. So all in all, I made out pretty good.

MZ - Congrats on being able to enjoy the day with a clear head! :)