• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Happy Place

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Wow, OK now I know how many of you must feel, working for a municipality that cares about planning. It is a complete day and night changes between where I was, and where I am. HAPPY ME!!! This place is on the ball when it comes to many of the day to day issues, and it is very obvious that they care about the employees that work here.

I admit that it is only my second day, but every one here has gone out of their way to try to make me feel welcome, and they are offering me as much help as I need. The technology here is far better than I am use to, and people are progressive in many of the day to day thought processes.

Although I never had doubts about moving here, I am overwhelmed by how happy I am that I made this move.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me get out of the bad situation I was in at the last place.

(Now I just need to find an apartment)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Congrats and more power to ya!

My situation is somewhat similar to yours. Having recently moved from the public sector to the private sector (approximately 3 months ago), my situation is light years better relative to office mechanics and technology and, most importantly, the scope and scale of projects that I am working on now and will be in the future.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
im so so so jelous

but congrats and i hope it all goes well and good luck on finding a place to live

PG

SGB

Cyburbian
Glad you like it so far.

Now quick - start making your own distinction between professional and personal time before the real management there rears its ugly head and does it for you!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
good deal. I hope it remains that way. I know what you mean. I am just excited about working for a jurisdiction that cares about have parks for the people. Places to recreate, wow, what a concept.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Good to hear that you're enjoying your new workplace :)
Best wishes on the job and I hope you find a nice house/apartment too :) (so you can post pics that will later be photoshopped :p)

Rem

Cyburbian
Very pleased for you michaelskis. Hope all the other bits and pieces fall into place - seen your ex yet? ;-)