• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick’s Day, and to see who is wearing green, and if anyone had plans.

Being Irish, I have on a green tie, planning on eating corned beef and cabbage for lunch, and after work meeting up with a few friends at O’Duffy’s for a few pints of Guinness!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
No celebrations today....dug out of the snow this morning, have a Master Plan Workshop tonight.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
have a good St. Patty's day!

drink heavily, if you wish.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Green shirt - ok and green socks :-0 .
Lunch planned - spinach wrap
proud that I don't drink any more :)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Happy St. Patrick's Day too!! Hope everyone has a great day and doesn't get pinched unless they want to. ;)

SGB

Cyburbian
Wearing neither green nor orange today.

In fact, I'm wearing a slight variation on "The Uniform."

biscuit

Cyburbian
Green shirt, green socks and going out for a Guiness after work (only one though, because last night was party night :-b ).

...planning on eating corned beef and cabbage for lunch...
Do you cubicle dwellers really think that eating corned beef and cabbage for lunch is such a good idea? I mean, think of the environmental risk you could pose to your co-workers.

Last edited:

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Top of the Morning to Everyone. There is much blarney going on at work this morning. Everyone is in green.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Unintentially wore a green shirt because I have nothing else to wear until I do laundry. All you drunks have a good time, yarrrr:b:

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Green tie, 'cause I'm Irish! Tonight, mass at St. Patrick's followed by a potluck with the congregation (including some green hops-injected beverage, so I am told).

Seabishop

Cyburbian
No green. I have corned beef for lunch but its pure coincidence.

I have had about 10 or 12 guinesses already this morning. Have I tol d you friggin guys how muc h I love U ???!!! You guys are the friggi n best!!!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Green rugby shirt and tan dockers. I hate corned beef and cabbage. Boys and I will bbq steaks tonight.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Happy St Patty's

Top O' the Mornin'
I am sitting here listening to Bag pipes, Got to get in the mood!!!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
I have had about 10 or 12 guinesses already this morning.
YOU ROCK! I don't plan on having that much... but I can say that I will have my Irish share.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I have a green sweater on, but it was unplanned. A friend of mine shares a B-Day with St. Paddys day and he is taking a 1/2 day today so he can get started at noon. My guess is if I meet up with him after work, he will be pretty messed up. It is likely that I may just go home. I don't like going out for St. Paddys day...there are way too many people crodwing the bars. Plus if I see people dirnking crappy green beer it makes me angry! If you want to drink something Irish drink Guinness or Harp. I play softball for an Irish Pub and it sucks when the bar that you frequent is crowded with a bunch of drunken people wearing stupid green hats.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Very dark green shirt, in the mode of the alternative "planner's uniform".
Probably have a couple Guinness drafts in a bottle tonight after urban enterprise board meeting.

Yesterday my son asked why St. Patrick is important and I told him St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Eire. Daddy, teacher told us there never were snakes in Ireland. Well, then ask teacher why St. Patrick is important and remind her I'm paying four grand to send you to that catholic school . . . . |-)

Elisabeth

Cyburbian
Green sweater and a shamrock headband--not the plastic kind with spring mounted, sparkly shamrocks attached--it's fabric and not tacky. Although, I've been known to sport that kind at the bar in college... I'm heading out to the bars later for some pints and at least one Guinness. :)

otterpop

Cyburbian
Forgot about wearing green until I got to work and one of my coworkers was wearing green shoes. So I am un-green today. Every year one of our part-time workers and her husband prepare corned beef and cabbage for Paddy's Day, so I will have some for lunch and then make corned beef for dinner as well. I love corned beef.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I am in my "uniform" (blue/blue) because I have a trails meeting with an HOA tonight.

The only green I'm wearing is an emerald.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I'm wearing green jeans, but I didn't do it purposely because of St. Patrick's Day. It's cold and windy here.

Burrito for me.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Just had a big meal of corned beef, cabbage, potatos and carrots, and am listening to the Pogues - Streams of Whiskey. It's great to be Irish...now bring me a Guiness!

JNL

Cyburbian
I had a beer with the flatties to celebrate, but then had Pilates (its already Thurs here). I think the parade is tomorrow? Apparently all the Irish pubs were packed last night!

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
Yesterday my son asked why St. Patrick is important and I told him St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Eire. Daddy, teacher told us there never were snakes in Ireland. Well, then ask teacher why St. Patrick is important and remind her I'm paying four grand to send you to that catholic school . . . . |-)
Give the teacher this:
Bio of Good St. Patrick, Patron of Ireland
He was actually a very cool guy.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Today I'm wearing green socks and a green and white plaid shirt.
Tomorrow I'll wear a green complexion.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Uh...my winter jacket is green, but I wear that everyday...

Mmmm...I hear the taps at the Duke of Richmond calling (not an Irish pub, I know - but they do have Guiness).