• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Happy To Be Aboard

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Fellow Cyburbanites:

Just finally got around to registering and making this thing (ahem), "legitimate." I've enjoyed reading all of the posts and look forward to participating.

I'm a adult educator in Denver, Colorado with a passion and preoccupation for planning, architecture, public affairs,urban history and transportation matters. I'm sorry I missed the recent CF gathering at the Falling Rock Tap House here in Denver. That's one of my favorite haunts as in addition to the foregoing predilections, I'm also a beer devotee....the Falling Rock is an embarassment of riches!

I'm orginally from northwestern Pennsylvania (Erie) and have spent a lot of time in the Buffalo-Cleveland-Pittsburgh axis, so I've really enjoyed Dan's insights on the area.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome aboard. Sorry we missed you in Denver. Perhaps NHPlanner can photoshop you into some of the pictures

SGB

Cyburbian
Another lurker decides to join the masses.....

Congratulations, and welcome!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
bturk said:
Welcome aboard. Sorry we missed you in Denver. Perhaps NHPlanner can photoshop you into some of the pictures
Ecouraging someone to Photoshop pictures of Cyburbanites? Are you sure you want to go there?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Thanks for joining in and introducing yourself... it's great that so many lurkers are starting to post! I hope you enjoy in participating... :)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Welcome! (and I'm too busy today for photoshopping....sorry!) :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What part of the Front Range area do you call home now? I used to be the proud owner of a little brick bungalow in northwest Denver, near what used to be Elitch Gardens.

Happy to have you with us. We always welcome fellow devotees of beer...er.... I mean planning! :)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
Ecouraging someone to Photoshop pictures of Cyburbanites? Are you sure you want to go there?

DON'T DO IT!!!! THEY WILL HACK YOUR PICTURES UP..

Just kidding, We would all like to know where others have gone.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Thanks For The Warm Welcome!

My appreciation for all of your kind acknowledgements. I'm glad to be in your midst...

Dan...your question on where I'm at. Actually in what was formerly known as "Littleon-unincorporated Arapahoe County" near Southglenn Mall and is now part of Colorado's newest city, Centennial, which was created as a response to the aggresive "flagpole" annexation efforts by Greenwood Village. The area, as you'll recall, is comprised of 40-year old suburban tracts that have held up well over time and is distinguished by some unique amenities like the Highline Canal.

I'm quite familar with your old neighborhood...I used to work @ the Regis University Campus and would hit that nice little commercial strip down on Tennyson for coffee from time to time. Did you get a chance to check out the redeveloped Elitch blocks when you were in town? I'd be interested to hear what you (and others) think of them thus far...

Thanks again