• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Happy Tree Friends

nerudite

Cyburbian
You all seem like a twisted bunch of individuals, so I thought I would share this little treasure with you. I received a DVD from a friend in the States of a bunch of episodes of the Happy Tree Friends. The episodes are online and the are so funny! It's kind of like cute little furry critters meet Itchy and Scratchy... quite violent, so keep the little ones away from the computer...

www.happytreefriends.com

The episode called 'Crazy Antics' almost made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard!

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
it's not doing it for me. i guess i'd rather watch mindless SBSP episodes instead...

boiker

Cyburbian
I couldn't find the humour in the HTFs. It seemed as if it was being violent for the sake of being violent rather than being a satire like Itchy and Scratchy.

I had discovered HTFs through word-of-mouth a couple months ago. My son, 4, walked by the computer and I and caught a 10-15 second glimpse of it, unbeknownst to me. He got very frightened and cried. :-(

I havn't had it on my computer since and don't plan to return to the site.

But, thanks for sharing anyway. I'm sure there's people out there that'll enjoy more than me. :)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I like twisted humor as much as the next person....but HTF didn't do anything for me.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
This is one of the funniest cartoons ever! But then, I'm a bit of a physical humor/cartoon violence nut.