• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Harry Potter planning

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Harry Potter is an enormously popular phenomenon, what with the books, merchandising and movies. I was looking at the description of the Hogwarts' houses at this website the other day:
http://medlem.sprax.se/hogwarts/
It got me to thinking about the personal characteristics epitomized for each of the houses (Gryffindor - brave, chivilrous; Hufflepuff - patient, just, loyal, hardworking; Ravenclaw - erudition, wit, quick thinking; Slytherin - ambitious, opportunist, cunning) and which house some of my planning compatriots would be best suited in. For instance Michaelskis is a Gryffindor through and through whereas certain Directors I have known might have come straight from Slytherin house.
I'm curious where y'all think you belong?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I figured you'd be a Ravenclaw, Mendelman. I didn't see 'terminal wiseass' listed for any of the house attributes so I was unsure of where to place a number of Cyburbian regulars...... ;-)
I bet we find a disproportionate number of Ravenclaws on this forum. Who will honest enough to admit to Slytherin I wonder?

biscuit

Cyburbian
Hard to say, sometimes you an have all of those traits. Although, if I have to pick one that's would be me a majority of the time I guess it would be Hufflepuff. To be completely honest, however, I have had a few Slytherin tendencies as of late.

biscuit

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
If you go to the Harry Potter website, you can get sorted to a house.
[GEEK ON]
Whoops. Guess I was wrong. According to the all knowing Sorting Hat I am now part of the Gryffindor house. [/GEEK OFF]:p

pete-rock

Cyburbian
OMG. I was sorted into Slytherin.

I guess there's supposedly something wrong about choosing invisibility as a power, and immediately spending some found galleons.

What a pity.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Maister said:
It got me to thinking about the personal characteristics epitomized for each of the houses (Gryffindor - brave, chivilrous; ...

For instance Michaelskis is a Gryffindor through and through whereas certain Directors I have known might have come straight from Slytherin house.

Thanks Maister! I will sleep better tonight!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Gryffindor? WTF! Man, I woulda pegged myself to be a Ravenclaw. That test is rigged.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
That seems like an awfully high percentage of Gryffindors. Either everybody wishes they were more like Harry Potter or we planners are a fearless, bold, chivalrous bunch (which I KNOW to be complete bs.... ;-) )