Have to log in every time - even after checking the "remember me" box

Is there something different with the access system? I have to fully log in every time I visit the site, even though I check the remember me box. Does remember me only mean remeber me for the rest of the day?

Not a major issue, but a noticeable change from previous experience.

Hink

OH....IO
Is there something different with the access system? I have to fully log in every time I visit the site, even though I check the remember me box. Does remember me only mean remeber me for the rest of the day?

That most likely is your browser. Have you changed from IE to Firefox? Are you in a private window now? Unless you specifically add the password to the password manager it will not populate it in the private windows which are standard for IE and Firefox.

I am not aware of any changes on the Cyburbia side, but I am sure Dan will chime in.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
There's been no changes over here. I can try repairing the database tonight, to see if there's something up with that.

That most likely is your browser. Have you changed from IE to Firefox? Are you in a private window now? Unless you specifically add the password to the password manager it will not populate it in the private windows which are standard for IE and Firefox.

I am not aware of any changes on the Cyburbia side, but I am sure Dan will chime in.
I haven't changed from IE to anything else, and it's the same computer as before.

This only started a few days ago - and I know the system was rebooted because of firewall issues. I thought maybe it was tied to that? But maybe not. It's not a big issue at all, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I repaired/optimized the database a couple of days ago.

I hate offering the "clear your cookies!' solution, but for problems like this, it's often a good solution. Your login state is stored in the cyburbia.org browser cookie. Clear it, log back in, and ... well, let's see what happens.

Ditto.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Did a bunch of database housekeeping chores. Anyone still having problems?

OK, the problem has cropped back up. I've cleared my cookies, but wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue again.

At least this time around I entered the correct password on the first try!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Doing the database repair and maintenance thing now. Is it working for you?