• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Have you driven a Lacrosse lately?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Tabernac!

Things like this always make me laugh. I can't wait to see the first of these driving down the street. Wonder if they'll have a stick-shift option?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
The Lacrosse is my commuting car, I even have a bumper sticker that says: "I don't stop for kittens" :-D

Edit: damn donk is too fast :p

Seabishop

Cyburbian
My Favorite Line:

"I thought I knew every expression existing in the French language for self-gratification, including the crudest ones known to man."

I heard that Iranian TV had a hard time reporting on the 1996 US election because "Dole" means the F-word in Farsi.

My favorite example of language mixups is the story of the US group who held up signs greeting Phillipino businessmen in their language. Instead of greeting them, the signs mistakenly read "You Are Circumsized."

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
And have you washed your hands since?
I just did after I ate lunch and shoke some people's hands.

I was refering to the other meaning of lacrossed (just got some)

el Guapo

Capitalist
I wonder if the interior is the same as the Honda Element, you know all plastic and hose-out-able?

biscuit

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
I wonder if the interior is the same as the Honda Element, you know all plastic and hose-out-able?
Do you think it also comes standard with an in-dash tissue box?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I usually don't resurrect threads this old, but I thought it might be appropriate to provide an update.

It'll be interesting to see the look on the faces of Quebecois when an elderly American couple are seen driving a LaCrosse in Montreal.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I usually don't resurrect threads this old, but I thought it might be appropriate to provide an update.

It'll be interesting to see the look on the faces of Quebecois when an elderly American couple are seen driving a LaCrosse in Montreal.
Wow, it looks like every other Buick made over the past 15 years.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
No, and I would rather not have a Buick.
If you remember their slogan.

Seabishop said:
I heard that Iranian TV had a hard time reporting on the 1996 US election because "Dole" means the F-word in Farsi.
Out of curiosity, I asked a friend if that were true. I was told that it sounds like a word for penis and would more acurately be translated as "pr*ck" but that Iranian TV wouldn't have any more problem with it then we have with saying (president) Bush or Dick (Cheney) etc.

(Unfortunately I cannot seem to pull up the website that started this thread so I am a little lost about the rest of the conversation.)