• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

have you seen this article and what do you think?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Critics assail new U.S. visa rules
Post-Sept. 11 regulations snarling visits for foreigners

fostered a bureaucratic “culture of no”

The government has broadened the fields that trigger FBI name checks. The list of scientific and technical specialties now includes not only expertise in arms and munitions, but also geography, housing and urban design.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/991864.asp#BODY

el Guapo

Capitalist
Waaa

Yep, terrorism and the desire for national security is a real bitch.
(sorry foreign devils)

A happy and bureaucraticly ineffective medium level will eventually be reached whereby all people will be equally harassed, citizen and foreign devil alike. One needs to take note that it takes two years for a bureacracy to overreact like this. And it will take another two years to get them back to the old levels of poor service.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Oh nos! Cyburbia is a hive of evil terrorists! Everybody run!
I guess I won't be going to the US anytime soon... Too bad that I wouldn't even want to go to Canada because I'll probably have to fly through the US and the FBI can trash my bags if they want to.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Re: Waaa

el Guapo said:
A And it will take another two years to get them back to the old levels of poor service.

Ooooo...I can hardly wait for mediocrity to return!!