• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Hello again

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
Hello again...I had to re-register, so if anyone had posted to my first introduction I didn't get it. For anyone that didn't see my first introduction I will repeat myself! My husbands best friend was talking about this site and it sounded like fun so I thought I would join in. I am not a planner, know nothing about it, and have no desire to learn anything about it, but the conversations sounded like they got pretty interesting and I wanted to join in. Look forward to talking with you all!!:B

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome back Mary P - We were hoping you'd re-register after Cyburbia suffered its meltdown the other day.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Yeah... welcome back. Hopefully the glitch wasn't really your fault. Do you have any little nasty viruses in that carpetbag of yours?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome! We are looking forward to what sort of intresting knowlage your spoon full of sugar might be

PG

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
PlannerGirl said:
Welcome! We are looking forward to what sort of intresting knowlage your spoon full of sugar might be
PG
Mike D - -- Isnt that slang for a rock of crack in south philly?

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
Try not to screw up Dan's server this time OK?

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!!

Is it any surprise that the server went down?? It is, after all, run by a bunch of planners!!;)

Honestly, I know my husband couldn't keep this running and he is a planner!!:)

Jeff

Cyburbian
bturk said:

Mike D - -- Isnt that slang for a rock of crack in south philly?
Nooo....that's so 90's.

South Philly it's ready rock, base, or just plain rock.

North Philly, you got your blue tops, red tops, and green tops.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mary Poppins said:

Well, I try!!:)
You have to have a good sense of humor to spend your life with a planner. They tend to be the pragmatic, stodgy, aloof types. No fun what-so-ever.

But then again if you're British, you already have that built in to your tolerance.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Mary Poppins said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!!

Is it any surprise that the server went down?? It is, after all, run by a bunch of planners!!;)

Honestly, I know my husband couldn't keep this running and he is a planner!!:)
That's a pretty low blow there Mary....are you sure you know enough about planners to be making statements like that? ;)

Anyway, welcome to the madness that is Cyburbia!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I'm surprised that after hearing your husband talk about floor area ratios and intermodal transportation linkages all day you'd want more exposure to this stuff - but welcome and enjoy your stay.

donk

Cyburbian
Intermodal transportation link?

Is that the spot where my feet interface with the parking lot and I become a pedestrian?

I think we've got ourselves a planning groupie here! kidding - welcome again.

my husband is a planner also, but he does GIS - i totally tune out when he gets blathering about nodes and tolerances and scales, so my sympathies are with you. not everyone can have an excited planning job like me, with all the filing and minutes writing that i do. :)

Jen

Cyburbian
spit spot micheal and jane

:B to you too Poppins

SO be on the lookout for cyburbia's own poster child prudence that's bturks own bastard son prowling the pubs on your side of the pond!

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
bturk said:

You have to have a good sense of humor to spend your life with a planner. They tend to be the pragmatic, stodgy, aloof types. No fun what-so-ever.

But then again if you're British, you already have that built in to your tolerance.

I am not british, but have leanred all of that from experience...remember I am married to a planner!!:)

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

That's a pretty low blow there Mary....are you sure you know enough about planners to be making statements like that? ;)

Anyway, welcome to the madness that is Cyburbia!

I know more about planners that I ever wanted to!!:)Luckily I can look past what my husband chose for a career and see the true person that he is inside!!!:)

I just hope this place lives up to its reputation, which so far I have not been let down!!

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
I think we've got ourselves a planning groupie here! kidding - welcome again.

my husband is a planner also, but he does GIS - i totally tune out when he gets blathering about nodes and tolerances and scales, so my sympathies are with you. not everyone can have an excited planning job like me, with all the filing and minutes writing that i do. :)

Not that I know the different aspects of planning, but I tend to tune out my husband when he talks about anything work related. Honestly if someone asked me what he did I wouldn't be able to tell them! Of course that might be because all I have ever seen him do is sit at his desk on the computer.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Mary Poppins said:
My husbands best friend was talking about this site and it sounded like fun so I thought I would join in.
So is your husband's friend a Cyburbia regular?

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Hello again

jtfortin said:

So is your husband's friend a Cyburbia regular?

I honestly don't know, we don't get to talk to him vrey often, he lives a long way away from us, and my husband isn't much for picking up the phone to call, so on the freak chance that he and my husband talk I get to know everything that is going on with him...sometimes I even get to listen to their EXTREMELY interesting conversations from the other phone!!:)