• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello, all! NJ Urbanist/digital marketeer/Mandarin Speaker here!

Eric Kaplan

The title says it all I guess, lol. Really glad to be among like-minded people!
I went to Carnegie Mellon University, majoring in History and Policy (which was history and urban studies based on the classes I chose.
Anyway, one of my biggest passions in the world is exploring, studying and trying to understand various facets of urban life in various places all over the world. I have a penchant for Criminology, urban culture, the planning and natural make up of neighborhoods, Urban decay and poverty/crime prevention, just to name a few.
Anyhow, a few very skilled friends and I are starting a Social Enterprise called (yup....) Urban Update™. Would like to gett to know you all!

Eric Kaplan

The title says it all I guess, lol. Really glad to be among like-minded people!
I went to Carnegie Mellon University and majored in History and Policy (which consisted of a few cultural history classes mixed with a heavy amount of urban policy and urban history classes).
Likewise, one of my biggest passions in the world is exploring, studying and trying to understand many facets of urban life in places all over the world (I've been to about 50 countries, but that's including around 15 layovers). I have a penchant for Socio-Economic Urbanism, specifically criminology, urban culture and almost any kind of sub-culture, urban history, the nature of micro/macro systems in cities and neighborhoods, urban decay, and poverty/crime prevention, just to name a few.
Anyhow, a few very skilled friends and I are starting a Social Enterprise called (yup....) Urban Update™ dedicated to improving urban America and keeping our cities competitive through efficient, innovative means. Would like to get to know you all and receive some professional opinions and viewpoints! Thanks!
Jeez...I just realized posts should always be edited for grammar mistakes at the very least.

Greetings from a retired planner on the Florida panhandle.
Greetings! One of my favorites cities in Florida is Sarasota, although I've never made it out to North Florida. I've always wanted to visit Tallahassee and Jacksonville to see what they're like, for better or worse. But, I've been to Tampa, Sarasota, West Palm, Palm Beach, Boca, Fort Lauderdale , and Miami (several times). What's your take on cities in Florida?
By the way, aside from the other 48 countries I've been to, I lived in China for 9 years and Cambodia for 1 year (lived in three different cities over 11 months, actually).
Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope we can all communicate more soon!

Welcome from the Hoosier State.
Thanks! Never had a chance to visit Indiana, either. Although, I've been to the Midwest, so it's even more of a shame.
I've heard good things about recent policy and planning programs implemented in Indianapolis. True?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Another Hoosier here, welcome aboard!
Native of Somerset County, just not the part where Jackie O used to fox hunt ... :ha:

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome from the Dirty Jersey.