• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello All

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I have visited this site regularly for several years and posted a handful of times before registration was required. I just never got around to registering and finally decided it was time. I wish I would have done this sooner so that I could have met some of you in Denver, but better late than never. Obviously you can tell from my username that I'm a planner in Maryland and have been for the last seven years. I have gotten a lot of good information on this board and feel like I have some to offer as well. With that, I look forward to being a more active member of Cyburbia instead of just a "lurker."

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome!

I agree w/ Beaner - MD is a cool state. I'm long overdue for a visit w/ family in the Annapolis region.

donk

Cyburbian
welcome and feel free to share your state's expereinces and your observations realted to smart growth.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Thanks for all of your warm welcomes. SGB, I'm just 20 minutes over the Bay Bridge from Annapolis. Governor Glendening managed to alienate most of the state before he left office, so while everyone inisists that Smart Growth will still be around, all of us at the local level are all waiting to see what kind of face our new governor will put on it.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
How many years were you lurking? I only spent like 1 or 2 weeks lurking here and then I joined (On new year's day ;)) I guess I couldn't resist much...:D
Anyways... Welcome to Cyburbia!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome MD

i was down your way this past weekend. looking at a weekend/vacation home in Cambridge with the boyfriend. lovely drive though a long one from Arlington.

We spent a good deal talking about urban planning in such a rural/tourist area and how it would be handled.

welcome aboard and please feel free to join in our mayhem

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome from a former Columbia, MD resident! I miss that state!

nerudite

Cyburbian
MD Planner said:
Obviously you can tell from my username that I'm a planner in Maryland and have been for the last seven years.
It's a good thing you clarified... here I thought you were a doctor. ;)

Welcome to cyburbia... we're glad you registered. Now post, post, post! :)

Decay B

Welcome, MD

I didn't know MD was so great. I think I went to Baltimore once...25 years ago...I have seen it on TV, though.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome MD Planner! I've spent some time skiing in Western Maryland - A lot different from your end of the state. I really like the bay area and would love to have a vacation home on the eastern shore one day. Glad to have you in the fray.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Wow. What a friendly bunch. I'm orginally from Western Maryland and now live on the Eastern Shore so I know the state pretty well. Hey Planner Girl, tell your bf that I am convinced that Cambridge will be the next town on the shore to be "discovered." It's in a good location, not too far from the DC/Baltimore Metro Area and still easy access by water to the Chesapeake. Better to get in now before prices go through the roof.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Thanks MD, thats what we had been told so we check'd it out. Lovely old homes but damn they are closer together than the ones in Arlington!

Very warm friendly people at the seafood place we ate at, nice area etc but just toooooo far of a drive from DC for a weekend home esp with the back ups on the bridge. We think we are going to look some where in the hills of Va or maybe down Rapahannoc way along the clifs over looking the river.

Very nice HUGE Hyatt development though-looks brand new

PG

biscuit

Cyburbian
MD Planner:
Learned to ski the winter before last at Wisp at Deep Creek Lake in Garrett County.A lot more isolated and rural than you'd expect in Maryland. It is beautiful country though.

PlannerGirl:
Have you looked aound the Montross/Northern Neck area. We go down there every year with friends and really enjoy relaxing and vacationing there. It's very rural in areas and a quick drive to DC via Hwy 301 into Maryland.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Thanks I will look into that, Im pushing for the foot hills of Va or maybe even W Va to avoid the summer heat in the DC area.