• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello Everyone

Howdy from good old Overland Park Kansas. A little about myself; I am in my second semester in the Graduate Program in Urban Planning at the University of Kansas. I have been reading posts from this site for a few months, and I finally got the gutspa to join in on the conversations.

SGB

Cyburbian
Gutspa rocks! (What the heck is gutspa? ;-) )

Welcome from New York state, where we balance budgets by increasing spending and business subsidies.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
SGB said:
Welcome from New York state, where we balance budgets by increasing spending and business subsidies.
And by raising taxes.

Welcome:b: from the sandy, balmy beaches of buffalo.

Sorry about that, I meant chutzpah. Its about 1030 here and considering that I am still on my holiday break this is quite early for me

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
SGB said:
Gutspa rocks! (What the heck is gutspa? ;-) )
What language is that?, I think it means the same as that spanish word.

Welcome from the 81st of 114 most stressful midsized metro areas.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from Indiana where no one is really sure WHAT time it is :-D

Would "gutspa" be chutzpah? I'm such an ex-Jersey schmuck!
(EDIT: You need a good cup of joe before you tangle with Cyburbia, semester break or no!)

What areas of urban planning interest you?

boiker

Cyburbian
greetings from Central Illi-noize. Like, Indiana, there's more than corn to Illinois.

Well, what really gets my blood flowing is downtown redevelopment. My concentrations are Land Use and Environment and Physical Development (aka Urban Design). I got my undergrad in Political Science and Sociology. I had always planned on going to law school, took the LSAT, and here I am.

Budgie

Cyburbian
It's good to have another Kansan in the conversation, even if you are attending "Snob Hill". No offense intended. There are a couple of Wildcats in the forum, but I'm not aware of any other Jayhawks.

Welcome !!!! Let me buy you a brew at Freestate. Send me a Private Message (PM).

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Welcome from the seat of New York government, Albany...and yes, you too may qualify for your very own Empire Zone one day.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Well, RockChalk - Chicken Hawk! (I won't finish this sentence in your honor.)
Welcome to Cyburbia. Enjoy basketball season, cause that is all you got.

Someday we will meet at the Freestate and I'll buy you a wheat beer. You should buy me a Ruben & fries as a token of your gratitude. ;)

Seriously, welcome.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the Garden City on Lake Michigan!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Welcome from someone who has expired Kansas tags on his car. Damnit, Department of Revenue, will you send me my title already? I asked two months ago, and I can't register my car in Ohio with that stupid title reciept that they nsist on giving me, instead of a real stock certificate-looking title.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Welcome,

I like Copperhead at Freestate myself!!!
What's your favorite flavor?

I think I am headed that way the end of next month King B is playing in a pool tourney!

We need all the MID West help we can get here!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome from Wisconsin, where we do know what time it is, but haven't a clue whay we care. I am another fan of downtown redevelopment.

Queen B said:
Welcome,

I like Copperhead at Freestate myself!!!
What's your favorite flavor?

I think I am headed that way the end of next month King B is playing in a pool tourney!

We need all the MID West help we can get here!
good question, I would have to say either their wheat beer or copperhead, they make another beer but I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce it.

el Guapo

Capitalist
RockChalk said:
good question, I would have to say either their wheat beer or copperhead, they make another beer but I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce it.

Jeffe-Wise-eN my good man.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia, RockChalk !
Hope you like it, and stick around here! :)
Cheers! :b: :b: