• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! Hello everyone!

SCCOTS

I'll admit, I'm a newbie too........

Its great to see such an active, constructive forum for the variety of issues that planners face. I'm a reverse migrater, moving from NC to MI. I have a BA in GEO/Urban Studies from UNC-Greensboro, and will be attempting to finalize a MSCE in transportation at Wayne State University. I am the tranportation planner for a urban area within an MPO.

Nice to meet you all.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: I'll admit, I'm a newbie too........

SCCOTS said:
Its great to see such an active, constructive forum for the variety of issues that planners face. I'm a reverse migrater, moving from NC to MI. I have a BA in GEO/Urban Studies from UNC-Greensboro, and will be attempting to finalize a MSCE in transportation at Wayne State University. I am the tranportation planner for a urban area within an MPO.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome on board! The midwestern dominance continues....

Maybe one of the mods can move this intro to its own thread.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
When did you graduate? I graduated from The "G" in 97 with a BA in Geography and poli sci :)

Welcome!!

Belle

Cyburbian

Hello and welcome. :) Glad to see another southerner here.

SCCOTS said:
Nice to meet you all.
Uh, if you're from NC, shouldn't that be "nice to meet y'all"?;)

SCCOTS

I suppose it should be Y'all, but people here dont understand that , yonder, or soda!

michaelskis

Cyburbian

SCCOTS said:
I'm a reverse migrater, moving from NC to MI.
Nice to meet you all.
I want to move home... (to the mid west)

Welcome, Have fun, enjoy, buy the beer!

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome!

Where the !@#! are the northeasterners? We're being over-run by the midwest. ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Welcome from still another Southerner, ya'll! There are enuf of us on Cyburbia that you can use "real" language.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
What's Up?

It's very nice to have such a forum of discussion and a bank of information for planning related issues at the click of the mouse. I am a Project Planner with an engineering/planning/architectural firm in New Orleans (The Big Easy). It's a great feeling to assist with a city's effective development and growth.

Big Easy King

moose

welcome!

On the subject of "y'all" and "yonder", I beg to differ on not understanding. I've lived in CA me entire life until I moved to OR in Jan (ooohh.. big step), but by some twist of fate, most of the people I work with are from the south. I understand the speech, but I still get thrown off when someone actually uses the words "reckon" or "fixin'" in a sentence.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome. I'm waiting for Queen B (at home in Kansas) to rant about everyone calling Michigan the midwest. :)

Big Easy King - nice meeting you at the Second Annual Cyburbia Ale Fest in Denver, and congrats on the engagement.

green lizard

Good. More transportation planners.

You must show support and start a thread on the
transportation forum. (or buy us all donuts).

Welcome.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome from another reverse migrater (nice new word). As a greeting gift I offer two peices of advise.

1.Do not get offended when you are asked to repeat yourself. That doesn't bother me, heack I can only understand the people here half the time anyway.

2. Don't ever lose your accent. It makes others find you more interesting than you may actually be. :)

Enjoy!