• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Hello from Edinburgh

Budgie

Cyburbian
Andrew said:
Greetings from Edinburgh Scotland! :-b
Edinburgh is one of my favorite cities on the planet. Isn't it the home of The Exploited.

Welcome to the boards Andrew. Post hard, post often and don't take offense.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from the north shore of the Mighty O-HI-O where we eagerly await the arrival of "Brood X". (T minus seven weeks and counting...)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! You Scots may not make beer as well as the Irish, but you're a great group of people. Good to have you here.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Howdy Andrew! Greetings from a city largely built with the money of an enterprising Scotsman.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome to the forums. Too bad I don't get to hear your real voice when I read your posts... Scottish accents are my fave. :)

SGB

Cyburbian
Andrew said:
Greetings from Edinburgh Scotland! :-b
Greetings! One of my favorite cd's from college years is a live Marillion compilation that includes some great songs from shows in Edinburgh.

Welcome from central NY state!

[Is there a smiley for a glass of scotch anywhere? ;)]

BKM

Cyburbian
Welcome from Northern California!

One of my favorite writers sets his novels in Edinburgh. Ian Rankin and his police procedurals really give a gritty feel to the city.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome
from same side of the river as,
from same state as,
just down river from Gedunker.

But in a different Time Zone.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Hi Andrew!
A big hello to you from India.
I do know a couple of Scots. Some are good friends too.
Have a great time in cyburbia. Its addictive!!

boilerplater

Cyburbian
Planners named Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Did you ever work for Perkins Eastman architects in NYC? There was planner named Andrew from Scotland there when a friend of mine was working there. Of course planners named Andrew are all over Scotland, I suppose ;-)

I spent 8 days in your lovely city 7 years ago. Fascinating place. Stayed with friends in Marchmont, hiked all over the city, climbed up Arthur's seat. Cool people there. I guess they'd be happier if it didn't rain so damn much.

Welcome to the site!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
An enthusiastic welcome to you, Andrew!

I missed Edinburgh on my one and only visit to Scotland a few years ago -- we chose to spend most of our visit in the Highlands... maybe next time.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome to the boards, Andrew! :)

Cheers! (hmm.. dang... no whisky glass emoticon, sorry!)