• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Hello from London

I live in London, but I was born somewhere else (can't post where now cause of a GTC thread). I'm studying a masters in computer engineering.

I have many friends that study urban geography, and i am keen on that subject as well.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from the SW corner of Indiana on the Ohio River in the CTZ.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago, Illinois!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome from the Canadian prairies, where we have pictures of the Queen in our Council chambers. (As an American, this is still a novelty for me). :)

JNL

Cyburbian
Another greeting from the International Greeting Committee...

Greetings SphinxMan from another colonial settlement, New Zealand :)

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Welcome Sphinx.
Where you were born matters only if you tell us where you were born. :-D

Budgie

Cyburbian
SphnixMan - I basically grew up in Lakenheath in Norfolk. I lived there 8 years and went to London approximately once a month. I would love to live in Cambridge or Ely. I'm extremely fond of Ely and lived there for 6 months. Have you ever been to the Marquee Club? Is that a stupid question?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome from the Dominion of Canada, eh? Usually manage to get over to the UK once every year or so.

Budgie said:
SphnixMan - I basically grew up in Lakenheath in Norfolk. I lived there 8 years and went to London approximately once a month. I would love to live in Cambridge or Ely. I'm extremely fond of Ely and lived there for 6 months. Have you ever been to the Marquee Club? Is that a stupid question?
Never been to the Marquee club sorry. Cambridge is nice, extremely close to the london agglomeration. I lived in London for 16 years.. Originally I was born in Bucharest I can tell you now.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Welcom from southwest Michigan. From London, huh? I do hope that means your posts will be heavily laced with lots of Brit slang ;-) .....

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from the north side of the Ohio River, mile 609, Eastern Standard Time (for now, at least). Maybe you could ask one of your profs for help so Dan can fix the threadspotting feature :-D

Welcome

London will offer a new view of urbanism to this Florida quasi-native. Love that city, enjoy the conversations!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
This might be lost in translation, but at the moment I'm doing my best Rob Schneider impersonation...

"Welcome Sphinx-man! The Sphinx-meister! The Sphinx-ster!" :)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Hello from Northern Virginia, a place with name tributes from England everywhere you turn.

boiker

Cyburbian
welcome from the portion of illinois that chicago forgets exists.. downstate, er.. central illinois.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
PlannerByDay said:
Greetings from the Mitten State, AKA the Great Lakes State of MICHIGAN.
What he said!

BUT IT IS TWO HANDS... *&%^ why do people always forget that the Upper Peninsula is part of Michigan?