• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello, from Montevideo, Uruguay

stezanos

Hello dear cyburbanites...

Although I've rambled through Cyburbia countless times, this is my first time registering and posting.

I'm about to get my degree as Architect and Urban Planner from the Facultad de Arquitectura, Universidad de la República, in Montevideo, Uruguay (that is www.farq.edu.uy).

The career involved subjects in both areas of knowledge and research, reaching a Masters degree level after completing all the courses. It has no intermediate certification (as the BA, or MArch or those kind of titles which I've seen from US universities), so in fact, I'm getting a masters degree in Architecture and Urban Plannning.

Now the interesting facts. I've done some deep research related to planning in two topics: Portuguese Colonial settlements (such as the town of Colonia del Sacramento -Unesco World Heritage location), and Coastal suburban settlements affected by sprawl.

Should I be of any help to any of you in these topics, just drop me a line or post in the forum.

I can read, write and talk (reach me via yahoo messenger!) Spanish, English, French, German and some Greek.

Best regards from the sunny shores in Montevideo, Uruguay.

Santiago.
stezanos@adinet.com.uy
Montevideo, Uruguay

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome and wonderful mastry of English :) Im always impressed with how people from other nations know so many varied languages and here in the US of A we are doing good to speak English. I know I have lost most of my Spanish from years ago

Welcome and we look forward to your point of view

PG

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Thanks for registering! We'll look forward to your views from the other hemisphere.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome!

The topics you mentioned you studied seem really interesting... feel free to start up a thread. I'm sure I could contribute to a sprawl/coastlines thread from my days in the U.S. working for the California Coastal Commission.

Welcome - we're always especially psyched to have planners with an international perspective aboard.

gitana

Eine zweisprachige Antwort!

Hallo!
Ich habe gestern seine Vorstellungsemail gelesen und war ich an seine Erfahrungen in Stadtplanung sehr interessiert.
Ich bin eine Amerikanierin aus Kalifornien und wohne inzwischen in Deutschland. (Das Wetter bei uns ist jetzt sehr kalt!) Ich habe schon ein Bachelor of Arts in Volkswirtschlaftslehre und Spanisch abgeschlossen und bin ich an ein Masters in Stadtplanung hinsichtlich der Stadtentwicklung interessiert. Ich mache gerade ein Praktikum in Dresden in Verkehrsplanung. Das Ingenurbüro, in dem ich arbeite hat viele Aufträge mit Städte und Dörfer außerhalb Dresden und nimmt gerade an eine Proyect teil, die mit der Erweiterung der EU verbundet ist.
He vivido también en Espana, pasé un mes en Perú y tengo un gran interés en Latinoamérica. Quiero conseguir un títuto graduado en la planificación con respeto al desarrollo económico (en Puerto Rico si puedo), pero no sé absolutamente nada sobre las posibilidades profesionales que existen en el nivel international. Escribo a Usted en esperanza de tener más detalles. (Y tengo curiosidad a saber cómo logró a hablar greco!) Dónde trabaja ahora? Ha realizado experiencia en Europa?
Además es divertido compartir información, conocer más gente de otras partes, y mezcar los idiomas al mismo tiempo.
Si tiene algo sobre la planificación internacional en cuanto a organizaciones, universidades, o "links" de páginas con información en espanol, me agradecería mucho recibirlas.
Muchas gracias - Vielen Dank - (Thanks a lot)