• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

hello, i'm new here.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Glad to see you figured it out!

Welcome fellow Torontonian...how are you coping these days?

Toronto's going to heck in a handbasket if you ask me - outside/inside workers on strike, the heatwave from Hades is dragging on, Cujo is going to Detroit, Mondesi is going to the DAMN Yankees...what else can happen?

Oh yeah, the Pope's coming soon. Maybe he can bless all the garbage thats lying around.

Vincy

nice to meet you!

yeah, i can't believe what's happening to our city these days. these strikes just keep on coming eh? really, there's no point in striking because its not like the government is going to listen to them anyway. all they want is to save money.

i heard some people had to wait over half an hour in line to throw out their garbage. luckily, when i went to the picket line in victoria park and mcnicoll to throw out my garbage, i only had to wait 10 mins. *whew* anyways, lets just hope this things get resolved SOON. this past week has been real troublesome.

i just finished high school and getting ready to get into the planning program at waterloo in september. did you go there? if you did, i hope you won't mind sharing some of your experiences there. was it fun? hard? are the professors good? what kind of projects/assignments did you do?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Yeah, I went to Waterloo - graduated about 6 (!) years ago. Feel free to ask any questions - I've got tons of time on my hands these days. Did you get into residence or are you off-campus?

Stalds

I just finished up my 3rd year at Waterloo, I have mixed feelings about it but the negative side is more related to the way they run things now. The Planning school is good, I've learned lots and made a lot of friends, and most of the professers are interesting. You'll likely have Prof. Filion in the Fall, he was always one of my favorites, and Prof. Andrey... hyper hyper hyper. Anyways, if ya have any questions about the school/classes/admin just lemme know... lates

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome!

And love the snuggle bear! Id do something that sweet but everyone would know I was ly'n

Vincy

wow, i love this forum!

there are so many nice people. thanks for welcoming me.
i'm really enjoying my time here. hehe...

tranplanner and stalds, thanks for offering me your assistance. i appreciate it very much. i feel real lucky to find people from waterloo who could give me some information and insight about the planning program there. i also need to learn more about this profession to better prepare myself in the near future.

glad to hear that filion is a good professor, cause i just found out i'm going to have him for one of my courses in fall term. again, thanks for the info. :) oh yeah, i'm just curious, how do they run things in the department? is it really affecting us students?

and yes, i'm going to be living in residence at least for first year. as for which building, i'm not sure yet. but hopefully mackenzie king.