• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello, it's me.

Radio Limbo

Pleased to meet you. . .;)

I've been browsing for a few weeks and finally decided to post. I'm hoping to make an eventual career change into landscape architecture and/or regional planning. My return to school is probably two or more years away, which might drive me crazy, but I'm reading as much relevant stuff as I can right now.

I'll be looking for an MLA/MRP program with a balance of theory and practice, although I'll probably want more of an emphasis on practical skills. I have no background in design, so I plan to take some art classes as soon as I can make time.

I'm sure I'll be asking questions about different schools in the near future. Meanwhile, thank you for all the interesting posts!

:x

statler

Cyburbian
Welcome.

I'm also in same boat as yourself. Non-planner type, thinking about career change into 'the field', looking at schools, etc...
Don't worry, if my experience is anything to go by, you will be welcome here.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome out of the lurking world, I'm sure you'll have fun here.

Glad to have you, Radio! Cyburbanites have a wealth of knowledge to share and some of it is even about planning. We're looking forward to hearing more from you.