• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello My name is El Guapo and I wear a tie.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dear Cyburbans,
Damn it. I went over to the dark side. I became a tie guy as of Tuesday. I can't go back either, its ties for now on. Gotta act professional. Whoop de freaking do.

Sincerely,
El Guapo
(I used to be fun)

el Guapo

Capitalist
The ambition gene

Darwinism in the office place. Look like the next higher postion - to hell with your skills set.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Never! Fight the system! I'm not putting on a tie unless I need one. Besides, there is nowhere 'up' to go here. I think it's time to take off the shoes.

el Guapo

Capitalist
My early post college goal was to rise to the highest pay level possible while still being able to wear jeans every day. Then I hit 30K and said pants ain't so bad. Now it is ties. In 3 years I see my self shaving the MouseStash. I'll be Kenneth Lay before I know it. help me help me help me

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
I'llbe Kenneth Lay before I know it. help me help me help me
Not unless you get an ugly wife and spoil your son.

Michael Stumpf said:
I think it's time to take off the shoes.
actually, i'm NOT wearing any shoes this afternoon. but then, i don't have stinky feet or any meetings today - all minutes and rubberstamping on wednesdays.

Sorry, Guap.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I always take my shoes off while I'm at my desk. It drives Prudence insane.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The village president of the last community I worked at wore sandles just about every day, regardless of weather. I remarkable feat in Wisconsin winters.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
The village president of the last community I worked at wore sandles just about every day, regardless of weather. I remarkable feat in Wisconsin winters.
...and remarkable feet for Wisconsin winters.

Badda Bing!

el Guapo

Capitalist
First welcome!

Xing500 said:
Nice Try El Guapo but your not Mexican.
Second, You are the last one to figure that out. Its common knowledge around here. I doubt you are really a 500 - so there we are even! In the future you may wish to read a while before blitzing a board and outting its members. But anyway welcome - you will find Cyburbia a wonderful place to explore and the natives are friendly.

PS What did you find nicest about my try?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Pull an Avril...

If you feel truly compelled to wear a tie, you can always go to work in the Avril Levigne style...