• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello Planners

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Hello planners. My name is Seabishop. I hope my few years of wisdom will make a profound contribution to discourse on the built environment which will enlighten the profession for years to come - or something like that.

Welcome Seabishop, we're happy to have you with us. However, I don't know how much advice we should take from a man who lives in a VAN down by the RIVER! :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome!

Enjoy your time with us and we look forward to whatever knowlage you can impart :)

PG

KMateja said:
Welcome Seabishop, we're happy to have you with us. However, I don't know how much advice we should take from a man who lives in a VAN down by the RIVER! :)
It appears that SOMEONE watches just a wee bit too much SNL. :D

Welcome Seabishop :)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Thanks. I think we should stay away from those Canadians, they embarrass us with their low crime rate, health care, and healthy big cities.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Seabishop said:
Thanks. I think we should stay away from those Canadians, they embarrass us with their low crime rate, health care, and healthy big cities.
BOO-YAH!

I think I like this Seabishop guy...long as he's not a Bruins fan or something.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Tranplanner said:

BOO-YAH!

I think I like this Seabishop guy...long as he's not a Bruins fan or something.
[ot]
Them's fightin' words Tran!

My early vote for NHL MVP:

[/ot]

Welcome aboard Seabishop...and hopefully you ARE a Bruins fan! :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Rule #1

Please refrain from speaking like you are in work, i.e. using references to crime rates, cost of living, pedestrian mobility, or any type of phrasing which may be found on the AICP test.

But by all means, feel free to bamake fun of Planderella's poor attempt to play fantasy football, bturk's hair (or lack thereof), PGs latest boyfriend, or the stupid stuff I tendd to say more often than not.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

Make yourself at home. And Ditto on those darn Canadians..toublemakers all!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I merely thought that by providing an indication of the duality between the planning establishment in our two countries we could reflect as practicioners on the environment that we help shape as members of said buruocracies. Is this not the nature of neo-post-modern planning in a chaotic environment full of various stakeholders? - Is that a good impression of a plannign professor? I'll feel free to make fun of everyone in the future.

I'm not a hockey fan but out of loyalty I would root for the Bruins.

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to specifically respond to people or quotes yet.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Seabishop said:
I'll feel free to make fun of everyone in the future.

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to specifically respond to people or quotes yet.
Hit the quote button on the post you wish to respond to. It will do the rest for you.

I thought your Canadian observation was right on. Those spunky Canadian Planners need taken down a notch or two in my book. Sure its easy to look good when you don't have to plan for Americans. Move a buch of us up there for a week and we'd have that place all &%^$%& up just like home! Ever notice how the landscape sucks more as you move [correction] towards [/correction] the equator in NA?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Mike! "latest boy friend"

Ill have you know i have been seeing Scott 4 months now

Hrumph!

PG

*hides head, dave F says im turning into a Trixie*

Seabishop

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:

Hit the quote button on the post you wish to respond to. It will do the rest for you.
Thanks.

Other than Niagra Falls, which may not really count, I've just been to Toronto which I thought was pretty cool . You've got to love those streetcars with the overhead lines (familiar to all Kids in the Hall fans). I didn't spend much time but it seemed like a better version of an American city - more street life and less decay. American style tackiness seemed pretty common there with those giant Tim Horton signs everywhere. I really want to see Montreal/Quebec City but it'll have to wait for a while.

About the landscape sucking farther from the equator, I've never been south of DC but I think the White Mts. and Maine coast can compete with anywhere.

Seabishop said:

Typically, a rant that is predicated by "Are you completely retarded!?!" in caps will suffice.

As in: "DeVuono! ARE YOU COMPLETELY RETARDED? Planderella will TOTALLY come from behind and whoop everyone's a** in FF!" hee.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Seabishop said:

... but I think the White Mts. and Maine coast can compete with anywhere.
AMEN brother Seabishop! :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

Typically, a rant that is predicated by "Are you completely retarded!?!" in caps will suffice.

As in: "DeVuono! ARE YOU COMPLETELY RETARDED? Planderella will TOTALLY come from behind and whoop everyone's a** in FF!" hee.
I will get you back for that one !!!

EEEEEEK! That picture is 30 more pounds ago! I concede defeat. You are the king of payback and your FF team is the mightiest in the league.

Jeff

Cyburbian
You give up too easy....

When I left work last night I was driving home wondering how I could get some revenge...because I talk trash and then wonder how I'm gonna back it up later....

And then it hit me...there was a picture on the website which was linked on your e-mail.

Oh I hope I didn't delete that e-mail...ooohh there it is..not deleted....HAHA :)

G-D town website! It freaks me out when people call the office and then mention something about Geneseo or Clemson. And I'll always cave in record time when hideous photos are involved! :)

KMateja said:

THANK YOU KELLY!!!!!! :D