• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

hello vacation!

Habanero

Cyburbian
I will soon be on my way to New Orleans (not pronounced like that of course). My mission: participate in "Drunk Fest 2003" and try to catch a quick snaphot of Planderella, Big Easy King, James, myself, another planner friend, and his girlfriend having drinks.

That's right folks, I'm going to a drinking tour of Bourbon Street!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
....sniff, sniff, why must you taunt me? I can't go drinking for at least another 9 months until the child is weaned. Have a hurricane for me.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sweet! But remember - she stood me up on her birthday so dont get your hopes up! ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Chet said:
UMM sorry Planderella, but I think that IS the excuse you used! ;)
I will hunt her and B.E.K down like nutria and force them to drink alcoholic beverages with me. :) Tee hee- James is wondering why I'm not packing and on Cyburbia instead. :p Must go pack and practice the drinking habits of NOLA tourists.

Jen

Cyburbian
Try this while you're there in the city of the living dead

Vampire's Kiss

vodka
gin
vermouth
tequila
salt
tomato juice

served 'old fashion' style...

Vacation away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rem

Cyburbian
I'm on Vacation Next Week Too

Is it bad netiquette to say me too? Anyhooo Habanero I hope you and the Big K have a fun time. Remember, one vitamin B before you go out, one vitamin B before bed and one before you open your eyes in the morning. That last one might be BEK's job. If you think you really overdid it, take a couple of paracetamol and 2 litres of water before bed as well.

School Holidays start tomorrow - so we have taken a house on the Beach at Hallidays Point for a week (two hours north of here). I do have to break it to come back for a presentation though @#$%. One of my daughters says she wants to surf so I have dusted off my board, repaired the big chop in one of the rails and I'm set to hit the beach.

If you don't hear from me again it is probably safe to think the worst ................................................ (heart attack not shark).

Jeff

Cyburbian
I got the beads ..... now.....

Just send us the pictures, and your beads will be in the mail.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Whooo-hoo, New Orleans!! Have fun and drink one for all of us! (I mean just one, collectively, not one for each of us, unless you want to....)!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
**SIGH** **He's NEVER going to let me live that one down!!!** ;)
If it makes you feel better, this picture sums up my entire weekend..

this was me just few hours before the above photo:

Habanero

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
Whooo-hoo, New Orleans!! Have fun and drink one for all of us! (I mean just one, collectively, not one for each of us, unless you want to....)!
whoops, I misunderstood that one! LMAO.