• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! Hello

The Fringe

Hello All,

I've been browsing this website for a few weeks now and finally decided it was time to join! Im only 20 but have been interested in this subject since I was a kid; city design, planning, sprawl, the works. Im a student in DC but born and raised on the eastern end of Long Island...the land of New York City's second homes (unfortunately) . Anyways, just wanted to say hi

Glasshouse

Cyburbian
Welcome, I'm a new commer here too, about 2 weeks or so.

It seems like a pretty cool forum.

Bob

SGB

Cyburbian
Greetings from a regional planner in central new york.

Enjoy, but stay away from the meatloaf. And always remember, Guiness and Bailey are good dogs.

Rem

Cyburbian
Hello and welcome fringe. If you've been lurking for a while you probably know who everyone is already. Please accept my apology for the others.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Welcome from the inland northwest (for a little while longer). :b: :b:

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
JNA said:
Welcome
from among the many Midwesterners.
Welcome from the southwest corner of the one and only Mitten State. You know the one, the one with a big lake named after it.

Hope you enjoy the forum and can find time to participate in some of the discussions.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome from the Hoosier State -- if it weren't for us that great big lake would dribble all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. Then what would Michiganders do?:-D.

Are you studying Urban Planning or a closely related program?

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago!

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia Fringe!

You are already in that dynamic area between the urban and the regional :p

Have a great time here.

The Fringe

Thank you for the warm reception. Well im on break from GWU for the summer, but am going to spend some time in Ecuador and the Galapagos studying the geology and geography of the area. Hopefully after graduation I can get into the urban planning or GIS field.