• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Hello

dmvallie

Cyburbian
here's my intro...
I'm studying for my bachelors degree in urban planning at UNC-Greensboro, I am a transplant from Connecticut but have lived in NC for 7 years and I REALLY enjoy this site.

Virtue City

Cyburbian
Hi

Hello,

I've been a member of Cyburbia since the beginning of the year. I'm an undergrad urban studies/urban planning student also. If you're ever doing research for a project or whatever, put a post up on the particular topic. Everybody here is extremely helpful, and would assist you in any way(s) that they can.

VC

dmvallie

Cyburbian
Thanks. I've been picking up good tips. I only have one more year left and I am starting to get worried that I don't know nearly enough to get a job after graduation. What school are you at?

Virtue City

Cyburbian
I'm at Cleveland State University right now. The program I'm studying there is Urban Studies. Generally, the classes there in Urban Studies consist of different aspects of the city, like economics and policy, social problems, public art and architecture, etc. In the major, there are several different concentrations that students can choose from, like planning, public administration, environmental planning, and historic preservation.

Do they make you do a lot of writing over there?

dmvallie

Cyburbian
Most classes have had one paper for the semester about ten pages long. I did one on the economy of Poland and the other was a critique of Garreau's Edge City. Hydrology report was supposed to be longer but I never could find the raw data I wanted so I gave up and handed in what I had and took the lower grade just to be done. The instructor did not do a good job teaching or give clear instructions on the paper. But in two years he is the only bad teacher I've had at UNCG.
Every time I hear Cleveland, I think about the Drew Carey show. I was taping it but then the station changed it's time. I haven't gotten around to reprogramming the VCR.