• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Hello

I've been reading these boards for a while and thought I'd join and put up a short post to introduce myself.

I'm a student at PSU and will be entering the BS Community Development degree program at the College of Urban and Public Affairs. I'm interested in focusing on housing and economic development, and perhaps going on to grad school to study transportation system planning and non-profit administration. Sounds good, right? ;)

Well, anyway... hello. Not quite sure what else to put here. :/

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Woo Hoo! Another economic development person! Good choice. While planners get stuck in the basement with old metal desks from the 1950's, we ED overlords get nice private offices on the upper level... oh wait, you said non-profit? Scratch that. Welcome anyway.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Penn State, eh? That was my first or second choice for out-of-state schools. Welcome to the mix!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Given your location I'm guessing it's Portland State. :)

Welcome. :B

thanks!

Given your location I'm guessing it's Portland State.
-- That's correct! After reading through some of the posts on this site, it would seem that PSU's program is fairly well-regarded -- and Portland itself has some good examples of solid regional planning. Still, it's good to be able to connect with other planning-minded people and read about interesting studies and examples from the rest of the world. (portland can be a little self-referential at times ;) )

Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope you all have a happy 4th. :)

haha

we ED overlords get nice private offices on the upper level... oh wait, you said non-profit? Scratch that
Well, I'm still in school and learning about the field. I'm sure I'll change my tune when I start having to pay back my loans. ;)

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
madhi said:
I've been reading these boards for a while and thought I'd join and put up a short post to introduce myself.
very cool. I am looking at the Ph. D. program in the area of Community Development. I have some of the same interests you do. looking gorward to talking to ya further...

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome! I worked in non-profit economic development for a year, and carry the psycological scars to prove it. ;)