• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Help from the Throbbing Brain...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
OK I humbly ask the Throbbing Brain (tm) for help

I am this sat July 3rd going to my very first Jimmy Buffet concert, a group of us got lawn seats and plan to make a day of it.

I, having been the geek in college and too busy with other things have never been to such an event...

WHAT DO I WEAR??? And what do I bring? :p

Help!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Wear this!

No really... any tropical look will do fine to fit in.

Here's what the norm looks like...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
nerudite said:
Here's what the norm looks like...

.....Boy, that 'norm' fellow looks like he's having fun. Yeah, I'm envious.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Wear what you want... Parrotheads are a happy-go-lucky lot for the most part.

Oh, bring a big jug of marguritas.

Floridays

Cyburbian
You will have a BLAST at any Buffet concert. Anything tropical is a good idea. But it really doesn't matter! Parrot Heads are indeed a laid back bunch. :cool:
If you need some ideas, you can always shop here

Budgie

Cyburbian
Anything you don't mind smelling like pot. Buffet concerts are notorious for second hand smoke buzzes. Pray you don't have a UA next month. Their right up there with the Greatful Dead.

I personally prefer jean shorts, sandles and a poncho. Shorts are optional.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
lol ive never been high in my life, should be intresting. My boss goes every year and has already come and said we will mutualy agree not to rat on the other. :-D

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Since I'm probably the biggest Parrothead on Cyburbia I can vouch for Mastiff when he says that we are laid back and you can wear whatever you want. Really anything with a beach/tropical theme works well. You'll see guys wearing coconut bras, lots of leis, crazy hats with parrots and cheeseburgers etc. Since Corona is a tour sponsor, lots of folks bring that particular beverage along with a few margarita pitchers and of course jello shooters. You will have a great time on the lawn. Jimmy loves the lawn people. I've been to lots of Buffett concerts and people smoking weed has never been a real problem. PM me if you want to try and get together sometime during the day. We'll get there around noon. They say the gates don't open until 2 but trust me, when that many people start showing up they will open them. I recommend the forums on this site www.buffettnews.com if you want to get some additional background and info. Fins Up!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Having been to only one JB concert, I agree with those who say wear whatever. Beach theme works good, otherwise just shorts and a t-shirt. I would recommend not wearing white because you will likely spill margaritas on it.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
MD I think you have my contact info yes? Lets get together Id love for you to meet the NIMBY bf (just dont call him that!)

I am soooo looking forward to it, Just got back from TJMaxx and getting us both goofy tropical shirts and hats. Now to find laies (sp?) and such

Oh yes my days of living in Panama' are coming back to me with a rush...

Me wanna lay on a beach!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
Anything you don't mind smelling like pot. Buffet concerts are notorious for second hand smoke buzzes. Pray you don't have a UA next month. Their right up there with the Greatful Dead.
Last time I was at a buffet show I came in contact with a couple of brownies. They tasted funny and made me somewhat sleepy and they sure didn't cure my hunger. They did make the show a whole lot more enjoyable. 8-!