• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Help me with this lyric.

Hceux

Cyburbian
Heard a song on the radio that I haven't heard in ages. The only lyrics that I can get out of the song was that "best years of my life." The voice sounds like Bruce Springsteen.

Can anyone confirm me what is the name of this song and if it is Bruce Springsteen?

Hceux

Cyburbian
Chet - thanks for that link. It works very well. I had totally forgotten about it.

Budgie - thanks for suggesting that it's the Bryan Adams' song of Summer of 69. Yes, that is the song that I heard earlier today.

Both of you, thanks for your help. I knew I could count on this great throbbing brain found at Cyburbia! :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Hceux said:
I knew I could count on this great throbbing brain found at Cyburbia! :)
...or the great throbbing Brian, whichever the case may be! :-b

Budgie

Cyburbian
tsc said:
....hmmmm confusing Bryan Adams with Bruce Springsteen :-s
They have more in common than you might think. First of all they are both over rated. Second they both suck.

Hell, I'm embarassed I knew exactly what Hceux heard.

boiker

Cyburbian
isn't bryan adams the voice of the working class canuck, as bruce is the voice of the working class yankee?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
boiker said:
isn't bryan adams the voice of the working class canuck, as bruce is the voice of the working class yankee?
Yes, but the song "Everything I do, I do for you" from Bryan Adams was "our song" when I was dating a girl in Jr. High, and I used it to my advantage every time I could.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Chet said:
...or the great throbbing Brian, whichever the case may be! :-b
By ThE wAy, ChEt. I lOvE tHe AvAtAr. YoU KnOw FrOm FiRsT hAnD eXpErIeNcE hOw RiDiCuLoUs It Is To FaLl OfF a SeGwAy.