• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Help with SimCity 4

Ok, I don't want to generate TOO much traffic with this post, but I think I'm completely retarded. I got SC4 yesterday and am TOTALLY unable to balance my budget! I've read and re-read the manual for help, but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kel

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
KMateja said:
HOLY CRAP! that brings ALL new meaning to SimCity Geek. Thanks T.
LOL

Your welcome Kel....btw...how do you like SC4? I haven't decided if I want to get it (I might need to upgrade the computer to run it)...

So far it is really cool - but for the life of me, i can't figure out how to keep my city in the black, just providing fire/police, an elem. school, power and water is totally sucking on my budget, and if taxes go over 10%, all the sims leave. its taking longer to figure out than I had expected. but i was checking the link you gave me, and consensus is that the first city is the hardest to build (you get to build a whole region of cities in SC4).

however, if we didn't get our gov't windfall, i wouldn't have bought it.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'd love to buy SC4, but I'd need a new computer first. Hmmm...maybe that's where I can spend the tax return.

I really, really don't need another new addiction at this point in my life. Cyburbia is bad enough.