• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Here I Am

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
It looks as though I've touched every Base - haven't I. Despite the fact that I'm a so-called "management", the mysteries are always there. Leave a message somewhere and I'll respond.

Perry

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Perry Thanks

Perry Norton said:
It looks as though I've touched every Base - haven't I. Despite the fact that I'm a so-called "management", the mysteries are always there. Leave a message somewhere and I'll respond.

Perry

Just a short message of thanks Perry for all you do and have done to help keep planning alive and vital and creative. Our organizations do their best I'm sure, but you by yourself do so much and touch so many planners and related professions.
Keep up the good work. Now if you could only stimulate my Chicago Cubs to win their first World Series in almost 100 years!!
Earl

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
Here I Was

Earl Finkler said:
Just a short message of thanks Perry for all you do and have done to help keep planning alive and vital and creative. Our organizations do their best I'm sure, but you by yourself do so much and touch so many planners and related professions.
Keep up the good work. Now if you could only stimulate my Chicago Cubs to win their first World Series in almost 100 years!!
Earl

Thanks Earl. I was responding to a great letter from Bob Schermer an NYU student of mine - a student of the mid-60s. Whew !!. I crafted as much of a letter as I could, but it was nothing like the account he wrote. He made it clear he was a planner in the health field - and I pointed out that there was a difference between a health worker in the health field and a PLANNER in the health field. I haven't heard from him - but I think he would agree.{Grin] I've been absent from these parts for quite a while, but I should be back now. Perry

John Yoegel

Cyburbian
Back again

Perry Norton said:

Perry

Hi Perry:

Seems we've both been "away" for awhile. Try me at jyoegel@earthlink.net and I'll catch you up on my latest adventures.

John

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Back from Midwest and Montreal

John Yoegel said:
Hi Perry:

Seems we've both been "away" for awhile. Try me at jyoegel@earthlink.net and I'll catch you up on my latest adventures.

John

Hi All--
Chris and I just returned from a great 3-wk vacation in the Heartland of US and then Montreal and some smaller towns in Quebec.
Montreal---I haven't been there since an APA convention in the 1980s. What a wonderful, vibrant city!!!! We walked the renovated waterfront with loads of bike and walking trails and all sorts of alternatives to the auto.
More later
Earl